REDNECK ORE SAMPLING (LIMESTONE)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahabully

Supporting Member
If there is any rock type we are not short of around here it is LimeStone !! Lets take looks. Chose a few samples from creek and chipped a few samples off the hill outcropping.

Attachments

• creek limestone.jpg
    creek limestone.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Hill limestone.jpg
    Hill limestone.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
The reds, blues and yellows were interesting.

Attachments

• hill limestone crushed2.jpg
    hill limestone crushed2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • hill limestone crushed.jpg
    hill limestone crushed.jpg
  • hill limestone split.jpg
    hill limestone split.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • creek limestone crushed2.jpg
    creek limestone crushed2.jpg
  • creek limestone crushed.jpg
    creek limestone crushed.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • creek limestone split.jpg
    creek limestone split.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
The crushed rocks, both samples DID NOT like HCL... made a bloody nasty black gooey mess and nearly completely dissolved. I've heard TN limestone was among the most pure calcium rich in the world... Smelled like 10M year old dinosaur poo, or grease mixed with septic discharge.

Attachments

• hill limestone bath.jpg
    hill limestone bath.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • creek limestone bath.jpg
    creek limestone bath.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Combined these two petrochemical limestone stinking samples into one filtered solution. I am fully expecting to precipitate 10,000 year old sea monky's later this week.
Filtered and added 1/6-1/4 tsp of Sulfamic (grout cleaner crystals) today. Stirred actively until most dissolved, few bubbles, not much.

Will test with Stan in the 'morrow and then SMB and allow to sit until Friday or so.

Attachments

• limestone AR.jpg
    limestone AR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Combined these two petrochemical limestone stinking samples into one filtered solution. I am fully expecting to precipitate 10,000 year old sea monky's later this week.
Filtered and added 1/6-1/4 tsp of Sulfamic (grout cleaner crystals) today. Stirred actively until most dissolved, few bubbles, not much.

Will test with Stan in the 'morrow and then SMB and allow to sit until Friday or so.
Stop this “double posting” over your threads, I’m considering merging your threads into one.

Stop this “double posting” over your threads, I’m considering merging your threads into one.
I'm ok with that Ygg. I just wanted to partition them into "rock type" for easy indexing should folks ever have a rock sample they wish to match up to see how the TN version of the rock sampled out. Completely understand if you merged to reduce the foot print.

I'm ok with that Ygg. I just wanted to partition them into "rock type" for easy indexing should folks ever have a rock sample they wish to match up to see how the TN version of the rock sampled out. Completely understand if you merged to reduce the foot print.
I'll se what I can do

Nothing of note to report for results. Copper is cementing a good bit in this waste solution. The shinny cent was added 30 seconds prior to photo and is already turning black.

Attachments

• limestone.jpg
    limestone.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 0
Back