Refinery or Good Assayer in Twin Cities area..?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joehast

Does anyone know of a trusted Refinery or Assayer in the Twin Cities area (Mpls./St.Paul)..? I have heard that Midwest Refinery in Michigan has a fairly good rep.. Thank you.

afbrianh said:
I used stebgo but it seems like your going to get what you expect..ill buy your stuff at %90

Please do not get over anxious in buying other forum members gold when you are asking how to test purity in another thread were you mistook plated gold for plumb gold (http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7698&p=70601#p70601). To be clear, there is nothing wrong with your desire to buy, but be sure to disclose in your offer how you will verify the gold content you are paying 90% on.

The main reason I bring this up is that it helps eliminate hard feelings between members when one feels they have been "had" in a transaction. It matters little if it was unintentional, and I am not saying you meant to do wrong towards another. But you should know how to test gold purity before buying from a rather well informed forum. There is little recourse once values are digested. As GSP is fond of saying “the refiner is the last liar”.

I have 7 grams of gold shot. Gold is from reverse electroplating, and then refined w/HCL & Clorox. I believe the purity to be no less than 23k, however keep in mind it is not assayed. I will be posting a pic, and listing it for sale here on this forum. Maybe more than 7 grams.

Back