Refining with Hot Plates

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I narrowed my first purchases down to the two cheapest I could find at Walmart. From there I bought the one that looked the sturdiest. If it is to shaky you run a serious risk of spills or turning it over. Depending on how much material you have, don't overlook the griddles, they are pretty handy but harder to heat larger beakers.

I don’t recommend the garage outside would be better the hot plates end up failing , I have had double and single hot plates . I prefer the singles , currently one of the burners one the double isn’t working and its a waste of space .
The smooth face burner over coil type edited

Last edited:
I narrowed my first purchases down to the two cheapest I could find at Walmart. From there I bought the one that looked the sturdiest. If it is to shaky you run a serious risk of spills or turning it over. Depending on how much material you have, don't overlook the griddles, they are pretty handy but harder to heat larger beakers.
I got mine from Amazon, it gets very hot but doesn’t boil. Which one did you buy from Walmart?

I have a casserole dish that I put water in then place the beaker in the water that’s how I boil

Looks like my griddle only mine is white. As to my hot plates, I don't recall the exact names, they have been worn away long go.

Latest posts

Back