removing pins with plastic cpu

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kole55

greeting everyone will try to publish something might be helpful image 01 is a plastic base tray or in my case from the cage for a parrot to which I attach a piece of board with screws through the plastic from the rear of the board and serves as a stronghold for the CPU

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    28 KB
Picture two is an example of what I was thinking as a foothold for cpu

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    22.7 KB
Image 03 is a selection tool that is that I sharpened on one side and looks like a chisel and you can use the chisel and chisel flat side goes to the cpu and occasionally to sharpen sandpaper

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    18.4 KB
e now is interesting, I took a cardboard box that has no bottom and no top side with nothing and then I scalpel made a hole on the front and on the left side you can put in your hands

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    23.4 KB
Note bottom box must enter into a plastic stand and also needs to be processed if they are bothered by the example where the board box must lie on plastic picture 05 shows hahahaha finished apparatus

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    29.7 KB
and of course that's the most important thing on top of the box to put the plexiglass and the point is that when you are scraping the CPU pins remain in a box hahahaha or apparatus, and very few of them managed to escape out just remove the box and pick them up with plastic pedestals also planted on the apparatus wall or between the wall and the plastic stand put a board when you push the chisel to not run away I deal with in this way 50 plastic chips for ten minutes no money from flares no consumption, etc. I hope that is helpful

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    31.4 KB
Note in Figure 02 showing ceramic cpu currently have no plastic cpu this is the only instance when the pins scrape the board fails to provide cpu escapes through the hole on the left side of it just a little follow through with his left hand while ironing it holds

I like the concept and you may find that set up is good to depopulate cards or small boards. As for the fiber cpu's you may want to use a torch or heat gun to remove the pins. Hold the cpu with a pair of pliers and heat the cpu for a few seconds. The solder will soften and then you just have to tap the cpu on a try and the pins will fall out. If you use a chisel you are going to only get half the pins and they will be flying all over.

thanks for your reply but this works for me because the plastic pedestal of the CPU remains just solder a set of pins are taken out and used for p4 p3 amd cpu plastic briefly for all fiber cpu

I re-read your post, and perhaps the whole point in the tool I use the tool in Figure 03 do not know what to call that a translation is good I tried to chisel and you're very difficult and time I will post a picture when I get fiber and cpu when the process it to see that it strip off completely

Hi Kole.

Thanks for the thread. I would point out though that Yar is correct. Why would you spend time chiseling pins off green fibre chips when a heat gun makes them drop off very quickly.

Edit for typo

spaceships said:
Hi Kole.

Thanks for the thread. I would point out though that Yar is correct. Why would you spend time chiseling pins off green fibre chips when a heat gun makes them drop off very quickly.

Edit for typo

If you do have time to do them and want to save money on electricity then this method require just elbow grease. :mrgreen:

Aye I hear you Patnor. 8)

I use a blowtorch - it's a few seconds per chip. well it WAS but then I realised that it really wasn't wort the time for the yield.

Latest posts

Back