Removing resin from rare ceramic CPU base.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have purchaced some quality respirators so no silica or beryllium will enter me anytime soon! Because i process alot of different types of material in the future i will either build or buy an oven like you described.

I started in the garden with a stupid youtube video where everything went wrong, right now my garage is starting to look like a proper lab with glassware and a fumehood. Will expand with an oven soon.

Most of the problems im having is just lack of proper gear, but im making my way up there slowly.

Thanks for your input!
Benefit of heatgun is simple. You do not spent oxygen in the air to raise the temperature - so all incinerations are much faster than using additional burner to attain desired temperature. In my view, heatgun with regulation of temperature is also much more convenient to use and regulation is much more controlled than with burner itself.

Benefit of heatgun is simple. You do not spent oxygen in the air to raise the temperature - so all incinerations are much faster than using additional burner to attain desired temperature. In my view, heatgun with regulation of temperature is also much more convenient to use and regulation is much more controlled than with burner itself.
I like the idea, i even have an old adjustable heatgun laying around wich would be perfect for this!

Just make sure you have no open canisters of acid in the garage.
HCl and Nitric will eat any exposed metal in no time.
Nails and screws that hold it together also.
As i found out the hard way, a bunch of rusty tools are the result.

Thats one of the reasons why i decided to take it a little more 'professional', i underestimated the power of corrosive fumes even though i did the actual work outside..

As we speak im re-creating the fumehood, it was already made of composite but i didnt think of something to catch the drops of acid that came back down the tube.

I have discovered this forum waaay too late, im the perfect example of a Youtube victim :)

Thanks for the tips!

I could be wrong... but I would save all the gray stuff that chips off. There is a possibility that there are some gold bonding wires caught up in it.

I don’t think there are any bond wires on the ceramic wafer. It looks like the gold topped chips are similar to PLCC type packages and are soldered down directly to the ends of the gold traces underneath them?

I don’t think there are any bond wires on the ceramic wafer. It looks like the gold topped chips are similar to PLCC type packages and are soldered down directly to the ends of the gold traces underneath them?

Now that I took a closer look... your right. In this pic... I was thinking that was where a silicon chip may have been and came off with the coating.

Still very nice looking boards, hopefully that coating will come off.

Attachments

• 38232-219059f33f674a1e92cd86eb08d3ade5.jpg
    38232-219059f33f674a1e92cd86eb08d3ade5.jpg
    25 KB
Beryllium Oxide is more expensive and normally only used only in high output devices which get hot during operation. For example high power RF transistors,

Latest posts

Back