Reprocessing of leach residue

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee

Hey everyone,I use the hydrometallurgic method for removal of copper, currently I have taken a break(due to medical reasons,however will be back next week) I have some substantial amounts of leach residue.these are fine grains,as I sieve through it after collecting it from the leach pad,and want to try and recover some tellurium from the leach residue

IMG_20231021_114147.jpgIMG_20231021_113730.jpgIMG_20231021_114140.jpg1st and 3rd picture (leach residue,sieved and washed.) 2nd picture (The ore prior to proceeding, from a 14 year old mine dump).

Just to be clear, photo 2 is a photo before crushing. The material in photo's 1 and 3 was crushed to what size? Do you have any analytical results from the material you crushed or some historical data about what was mined from the site?

Yes,picture 2 is prior to crushing.it was crushed and sieved through a 100 mesh shaker,it is similar to the size of white sugar particles.i do not have any analytical results so far,however I am in contact with a test lab in Centurion and will have it by next week Friday.

There is very limited information about what was mined at the site,an unknown company began mining and processing ore.I remember seeing a small blast furnace,it was sort of delivered in section's and assembled. They mostly hauled it with 1 tonn bags.

i noticed it by it's charging cart,so I presume iron,however I don't know if you can process other metal ores using a blast furnace.The company closed down due to financial crisis and failing environmental regulations,the air used to smell metallic and periodically a worker of that company would visit us and have a air quality tester(looked like a hugh mic) outside,after it closed down.

I'll share pictures of other rock samples,the mine site it not safe(has many sinkholes and sinking in some places) but I'll try to be careful.

Hello everyone,I apologize for posting late, I've been quite busy with work and couldn't find time to venture the site.

I did a bit of research and digging,from the information i received they were processing iron ore, using a modularized blast furnace developed by a company called T.P.F furnace corp.

I managed to take these rocks and broke some for a better look,there are small pieces of glass(washing the ore with hot water,to remove dirt)

I am not an expert in identifying minerals but I know that there is pyrite and some Covellite.Would I find nickel in this ore,and how can I ensure that I don't poison myself with Arsenic.as I am quite interested in producing fine nickel metal powder,I am currently already making cement copper,and some iron ore,as stockpile.
IMG_20231017_183700.jpg

Hello everyone,I apologize for posting late, I've been quite busy with work and couldn't find time to venture the site.

I did a bit of research and digging,from the information i received they were processing iron ore, using a modularized blast furnace developed by a company called T.P.F furnace corp.

I managed to take these rocks and broke some for a better look,there are small pieces of glass(washing the ore with hot water,to remove dirt)

I am not an expert in identifying minerals but I know that there is pyrite and some Covellite.Would I find nickel in this ore,and how can I ensure that I don't poison myself with Arsenic.as I am quite interested in producing fine nickel metal powder,I am currently already making cement copper,and some iron ore,as stockpile.
View attachment 60791
firstly get the analysis date, icp or XRF or other, then to do next step for recovery

We are 'experts' in refining precious metals, not identifying rocks and base metal ores.

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...le-read-this-before-you-post-about-ore.33333/

If you have covelite, do not process it for precious metals or copper, sell it to collectors!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covellite

Back