Rhodium ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herald

Hi, is there anyone who could help me sell my 20% rhodium ore, or extract these metal, please get in touch for the full detail

Attachments

• 34516BD5-1181-411D-9C9B-CD418EE723B4.jpeg
    34516BD5-1181-411D-9C9B-CD418EE723B4.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
Hi, is there anyone who could help me sell my 20% rhodium ore, or extract these metal, please get in touch for the full detail
Even though the questions are different, these two posts of yours are too similar.
It is against forum rules to double post.
Keep it in one so it is easier to follow up on.

Yes, i have official results from reputable testing center
Remove identifying data like name and such and post it here so potential buyers can assess if they are interested.
It seems strange though I have never heard about such a rich ore.
81000usd per kilo.
Are you situated at National Capital Region?

Remove identifying data like name and such and post it here so potential buyers can assess if they are interested.
It seems strange though I have never heard about such a rich ore.
81000usd per kilo.
Are you situated at National Capital Region?

Attachments

• FE345BA7-F00D-4C94-86E0-70262490417E.png
    FE345BA7-F00D-4C94-86E0-70262490417E.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 6
No, but there are people buying and refining in the forum.
I was just asking for what they usually ask for.

But as I already told you, you need an assay not an XRF test.
If the XRF don’t have the correct mode and are correctly calibrated and used correct.
XRFs guess when they don’t recognise what they see. One typical thing is Arsenic becomes Iridium

The paper are worthless unless it is backed by an assay.
You need to get a proper assay done by a proper lab.

No, but there are people buying and refining in the forum.
I was just asking for what they usually ask for.

But as I already told you, you need an assay not an XRF test.
If the XRF don’t have the correct mode and are correctly calibrated and used correct.
XRFs guess when they don’t recognise what they see. One typical thing is Arsenic becomes Iridium

The paper are worthless unless it is backed by an assay.
You need to get a proper assay done by a proper lab.
I have two other results, and the test was done in a standard lab with a licensed methalurgical engr.

Well you might need to ask about what libraries and what mode the XRF was used with.
I shall not say it is either wrong or correct, but I tend to get sceptical when the most rare metal in the world makes up 1/5 of an ore.
Not even automotive catalysts are higher than 1%
Special Platinum alloys for Jewellry and Jet engines rarely surpass 10-15%.

So I would go back to these people and push them a bit about modes and libraries.

I’d love it if this was correct, but sadly I’m not convinced.

Well you might need to ask about what libraries and what mode the XRF was used with.
I shall not say it is either wrong or correct, but I tend to get sceptical when the most rare metal in the world makes up 1/5 of an ore.
Not even automotive catalysts are higher than 1%
Special Platinum alloys for Jewellry and Jet engines rarely surpass 10-15%.

So I would go back to these people and push them a bit about modes and libraries.

I’d love it if this was correct, but sadly I’m not convinced.
Well i did just that because like you, i did not believe on the first results presented to me, so i dug deeper, and its true

That test is so unrealistic as it gets. Indium, Rhenium and Rhodium in the same rock with aluminium. No oxygen or silicon? The total amounts of elements in that list adds up to close to 100% without almost none of the elements you will find in normal rocks.
By the way, there are no known minerals with indium or Rhenium as major constituent. Both elements are found as traces in other ores. For example indium is extracted from the left over of zinc refining.

I would call it fake or gross incompetence of the lab. If they don't know how to analyse rocks they shouldn't offer that as a service.

Quick question, what is the density of the rock? That is a test you could do in any kitchen.

Göran

I'd wager those rocks in the pic contain essentially zero PGM.
Chemo and fire assay with certified result is the only way, and even then...there can be uncertainty. The richest Rh bearing ore I ever found myself was Au-Rh from a mother lode vein, and the Rh was 8%, other PGMs, Ag, O2, Cu, Ar, Sn, Su, Te were present. The Au-Rh alloys were in a complex stone matrix that included Kimberlite. PGM/Ag and Au rich nuggets were strewn about on the surface, very metallic. The immediate tests were malleability and ductility, acids. They showed a back pack full of samples were justified for me to hike back a day to my base camp and get to work. I still hold the claim and work it. I invested in valid assays, XRF for ores seldom cuts it.

Back