Rhodium ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chemo and fire assay with certified result is the only way, and even then...there can be uncertainty. The richest Rh bearing ore I ever found myself was Au-Rh from a mother lode vein, and the Rh was 8%, other PGMs, Ag, O2, Cu, Ar, Sn, Su, Te were present. The Au-Rh alloys were in a complex stone matrix that included Kimberlite. PGM/Ag and Au rich nuggets were strewn about on the surface, very metallic. The immediate tests were malleability and ductility, acids. They showed a back pack full of samples were justified for me to hike back a day to my base camp and get to work. I still hold the claim and work it. I invested in valid assays, XRF for ores seldom cuts it.
There also was Fe and O2

Probably Au, the key closest to S.
What I'm more interested in is how you got Ar = argon into an ore. That's an impressive chemical feat. 🙃

Göran
My typo, As...and your sarcasm is noted. Give me a break, I'm ten days post op with a total hip replacement, and heavy meds. I think I can claim a mulligan for typos. Finding ore or nugget deposits with PGMs is well documented by members such as Chris Ralph, in his YouTube and business website, I bow to his expertise in geology,. Figuring out exactly what material to extract from veins or gather up from alluvial/elluvial deposits is part experience, part instrumentation, part chemical quick n dirty tests, part specific gravity and And I give thanks to a currently working geologist buddy Dave E.

My typo, As...and your sarcasm is noted. Give me a break, I'm ten days post op with a total hip replacement, and heavy meds. I think I can claim a mulligan for typos. Finding ore or nugget deposits with PGMs is well documented by members such as Chris Ralph, in his YouTube and business website, I bow to his expertise in geology,. Figuring out exactly what material to extract from veins or gather up from alluvial/elluvial deposits is part experience, part instrumentation, part chemical quick n dirty tests, part specific gravity and And I give thanks to a currently working geologist buddy Dave E.
The areas I prospected are interfaces where multiple extreme;y violent and cataclysmic geological events occurred pretty much simultaneously and in on-going manner from a cosmic time perspective. The rock formations are various and complex, therefore, so are the matrix and the ores. Chemical analysis is also complex, and meter by meter, a lot of variation. The alluvial/elluvial deposits and illuvial layers by the water are laden with metallic free milling material from pickers to small chunks, and a lot still enrobed in rock, ultra fine. The dry arroyo I also work, in a different geologic zone is full of large chunks of serpentine rock laden with the gems I seek. I'm intending to trace it along a few KM to where it abuts schist. Hopefully, there will be gold there, too. But that will be next year. Another area has a kimberlite substrata with flecks and chips of dull silvery material that I mentioned test positive chemically and by fire assay for gold and PGMs, and this blackish bluish material is topped with a yellowish sulfide layer with visible chunks of gold, maybe I'll post photos of that when I can get around better. Get out in nature, be creative, be safe--you'll find yours.

Hi, is there anyone who could help me sell my 20% rhodium ore, or extract these metal, please get in touch for the full detail
Hey herald did you find anyone to deal with this for you? I'm also looking for someone that processes rhodium, it's dang near impossible because anyone who has any knowledge thinks everyone is else is completely dumb not realizing people spend years on tests just to be told that xrf is lying or act labs is lying or whatever else. Finding out quickly you could literally have 50 billion in precious metals and every hater on the planet will let you know its fake because they don't have it. SMH. That being said the xrf in question is not testing light elements I believe that is the big question here. See photo of some ore I have. Notice le makes up 98%.

Attachments

• 20221116_161304.jpg
    20221116_161304.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Hey herald did you find anyone to deal with this for you? I'm also looking for someone that processes rhodium, it's dang near impossible because anyone who has any knowledge thinks everyone is else is completely dumb not realizing people spend years on tests just to be told that xrf is lying or act labs is lying or whatever else. Finding out quickly you could literally have 50 billion in precious metals and every hater on the planet will let you know its fake because they don't have it. SMH. That being said the xrf in question is not testing light elements I believe that is the big question here. See photo of some ore I have. Notice le makes up 98%.
He has not been on the forum since August, and he posted from Philippines.
So he will not see this post.
Besides that, his tests was without doubt not correct.

He has not been on the forum since August, and he posted from Philippines.
So he will not see this post.
Besides that, his tests was without doubt not correct.
I noticed that right away, this is why I was trying to educate, it's very very hard to learn this industry mainly because most people keep their secrets close, I don't blame them. I've had my ores tested and some show 5% set in precious metals mode which is obviously false, you gotta test in mining mode and have the proper equipment. That being said do you know of anyone whom processes this? I've also got it in solution, sabin metals does not have room for anymore rh, act labs confirmed etc etc. I've been able to precip some but not to good at it lol, I've got mad respect for actual refiners the tediousness is insane to me.

I noticed that right away, this is why I was trying to educate, it's very very hard to learn this industry mainly because most people keep their secrets close, I don't blame them. I've had my ores tested and some show 5% set in precious metals mode which is obviously false, you gotta test in mining mode and have the proper equipment. That being said do you know of anyone whom processes this? I've also got it in solution, sabin metals does not have room for anymore rh, act labs confirmed etc etc. I've been able to precip some but not to good at it lol, I've got mad respect for actual refiners the tediousness is insane to me.
There is only one industry accepted way of testing, that is Nickel Sulfide assay.
The issue is that it is quite expensive.

Even a well calibrated XRF with correct libraries in geochem mode are frowned upon, but still,
the results may be significantly closer to the reality than in precious metal mode.
An ICP of some kind may give info on whether a NiS assay can be warranted.

Ores are never treated in hydro metallurgical way for separation.
When the ore is sufficiently concentrated and reasonably clean it may go into hydro metallurgical reactors.

Back