Scrap Find issue

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum.
You'll have to look for whatever you can find. Here is a list of things that contain gold or precious metals.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/list-of-items-that-contain-precious-metals.22304/Before you plan to recover metals with chemicals study the safety section.
We're dealing with toxic chemicals and salts here.
Present your plan here before you start anything for us to review.

Ask if you have any questions here in this thread.
Have fun and be safe.

Martijn.

Well, want an interesting question.
That conundrum has basically underwritten humanity's entire understanding of matter and facilitated the modern world.
So sadly there are no simple answers.
You must simply look and work harder than the local competition.

This is kind of question like: "What I should do to became a milionaire ?"
There are no exact guidelines how to achieve this. And there are no guidlines on how to collect and find e-scrap. Every country is different. While there was a prevalent trend in European countries to just get rid of it in any way possible, last years we see drastic reverse on this trend and more companies emerging on the field of big players.

Either you work hard or smart. How to work hard... That is probably thing you know. Meet more people, get more material, more opportunities = more chances to strike a very good deal.
Or you work smart. And this is the thing anybody must figure for himself - finding holes in the e-waste market is difficult. There is quite a competition, not to mention countries like India, where operating margins are ultra low due to very relaxed, if even present (enviromental) regulations and labor price = everybody is pushing the numbers, because processing is cheap.

Either you will enter the field where isn´t too much people (but the reason there isn´t too much people interested is that it isn´t particularly easy), or create your own field where you will be your own boss to set the margins and rules. But the chance of achieving this is very very low. Completely possible, but it is helpful to stay realistic.

I am from India. Plz someone tell me where i find gold scrap ? and how i Find?
Hi, wellcome to the forum.
Since you are in India, you can find a profitable niche in depopulating motherboards.
This is a segment that is very labour intense and most of the scrap refiners hate working with it.
You can depopulate, sort and sell your materials to the refiners and from each batch you can stop a small amount for yourself to have an income, even when you are low on materials.

Before attempting any refining, download and read Hoke's book.

There is a larger market in recovery and for start, I reccomend you to start with recovery until you generate a steady income than you can invest in refining. You can become a local supplier for different sorted material, MLCC, pins and connectors, and so on.

Note that there is a good market for the copper from the boards, after depopulating it.

Hope this helps,

Be safe

Pete.

Last edited:
Since you are in India, you can find a profitable niche in depopulating motherboards.
This is a segment that is very labour intense and most of the scrap refiners hate working with it.
You can depopulate, sort and sell your materials to the refiners and from each batch you can stop a small amount for yourself to have an income, even when you are low on materials.

There is a larger market in recovery and for start, I reccomend you to start with recovery until you generate a steady income than you can invest in refining. You can become a local supplier for different sorted material, MLCC, pins and connectors, and so on.

Note that there is a good market for the copper from the boards, after depopulating it.

Hope this helps,

Be safe

Pete.
thank you very much sir it was helpful for me /

Welcome to the forum.
You'll have to look for whatever you can find. Here is a list of things that contain gold or precious metals.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/list-of-items-that-contain-precious-metals.22304/Before you plan to recover metals with chemicals study the safety section.
We're dealing with toxic chemicals and salts here.
Present your plan here before you start anything for us to review.

Ask if you have any questions here in this thread.
Have fun and be safe.

Martijn.
thank you very much

Hope this helps,

Be safe

Pete.
Real soul with helping attitude but some sourcing will provide more help,any ideas on ram yield so can procure ram scrap and start refining with rams.

Real soul with helping attitude but some sourcing will provide more help,any ideas on ram yield so can procure ram scrap and start refining with rams.
Everyone has different ways of finding the materials...the source can be from trashbins through fleamarkets up until pc repairshops/services....
Some go and talk to companies and collect and transport the scrap from them, some have contracts of scrapping with companies, some are buying from e-bay or flea market..... you have to find your source according to your possibilities...

Be safe

Pete

Everyone has different ways of finding the materials...the source can be from trashbins through fleamarkets up until pc repairshops/services....
Some go and talk to companies and collect and transport the scrap from them, some have contracts of scrapping with companies, some are buying from e-bay or flea market..... you have to find your source according to your possibilities...

Be safe

Pete
Thank you mate checking flea markets but no categories returned, search term itself is a genie there.will try some different options, I searched for pentium pro processors in vain,you are right pc repairshops can give the material, have to explore with them.
regards
swami nair

Once you know how to process the material environmentally friendly, maybe you can apply for a permit and/or a certificate to show companies that need such a paper to show they disposed of their e-waste responsibly.

You could advertise to collect it in containers at customers and pick them up when they're full and even get paid for trash removal.

This will increase your chances a lot.

Ask for a bigger fee when there are monitors. They cost money to recycle.

Martijn.

Once you know how to process the material environmentally friendly, maybe you can apply for a permit and/or a certificate to show companies that need such a paper to show they disposed of their e-waste responsibly.

You could advertise to collect it in containers at customers and pick them up when they're full and even get paid for trash removal.

This will increase your chances a lot.

Ask for a bigger fee when there are monitors. They cost money to recycle.

Martijn.
Dear friend
There were too many trade enquiries floating from netherlands,is it true that netherlands provides in bulk-I cannot confirm them as everything seems fine online but they seek advance payment and they impose 100 kg as a sample and provide only tons.

Can't confirm them is that true about netherlands.,shall I provide you the companies offering them,they provide pentium pro at the cheapest prices but seems impossible to buy with them ,without checking small how can we respond to buy or work on it to buy.

would you help them check and procure such samples or make payment.I can rely you but not the trading one's though they provide VAT registration number and website contacts with phone ,,their payment is always with TT and westernunion worse btc.
I sought them for paypal.But as it shows Netherlands I thought you can certainly help in this aspect,I don't intend to trouble you but in case if it works it will be mutually beneficial.Hope a prospective solution from you being a citizen of Netherlands.
similarly if it's in my country if you spot anything I can help you.

regards
swami nair

Hi, i only know that most european countries have laws to recycle e-waste by certified companies.
As a hobbyist I don't deal with them, I get a couple of pcb's and other e-waste for free from friends and fam every now and then.

The base metals go to my local scrapyard.

I have collected industrial stuff from previous work sites.

But the registration numbers will still mostly be required for trade in the netherlands.

The netherlands are also a tax haven for 'postbox' companies. They are not based here, but trade through here to avoid taxes.
They only have a registration here.
I could check some for you. When/if i have the time.
How far are you with a processing plant and experience?

The netherlands are also a tax haven for 'postbox' companies. They are not based here, but trade through here to avoid taxes.
They only have a registration here.
I could check some for you. When/if i have the time.
How far are you with a processing plant and experience?
Thank you mate .I was curious that you were a citizen of Netherlands henceforth I made a request,no processing plant mate just AR ,UREA,SMB only acid synthesis method, smelting makes too much smoke and risky for neighbours. so just I wish to pursue only about 100 gms of AU to solve a debt,

still not my profession, but will induct into this profession,as I can get Ram around but at high rates at 35 usd per two pounds assuming current rates.

sure thanking you for the kind words but every one has a life so if you really feel free and have time drop me a word I will send you the links,but is their a personal message option here? Due to nuance I am unable to locate one.

regards
swami nair

Thank you mate .I was curious that you were a citizen of Netherlands henceforth I made a request,no processing plant mate just AR ,UREA,SMB only acid synthesis method, smelting makes too much smoke and risky for neighbours. so just I wish to pursue only about 100 gms of AU to solve a debt,

still not my profession, but will induct into this profession,as I can get Ram around but at high rates at 35 usd per two pounds assuming current rates.

sure thanking you for the kind words but every one has a life so if you really feel free and have time drop me a word I will send you the links,but is their a personal message option here? Due to nuance I am unable to locate one.

regards
swami nair
Drop the Urea in your garden and use Sulfamic acid in stead.
By the way I hope you are not planning to refine in a populated are without fume scrubbing.
Less fumes/smoke in acids but they are corrosive and toxic.

Another thing, do not put the ram sticks in AR, use Copper Chloride etch called AP.
When you dissolve the Gold foils left you can do it without any Nitric.
HCl/Peroxide or HCl/Bleach will do the job.
No need for denoxing after.

But as said before most of the gold are in the chips, and they need incinerating.
If you pyrolize first it will be as good as smokeless.

Drop the Urea in your garden and use Sulfamic acid in stead.
By the way I hope you are not planning to refine in a populated are without fume scrubbing.
Less fumes/smoke in acids but they are corrosive and toxic.

Another thing, do not put the ram sticks in AR, use Copper Chloride etch called AP.
When you dissolve the Gold foils left you can do it without any Nitric.
HCl/Peroxide or HCl/Bleach will do the job.
No need for denoxing after.

But as said before most of the gold are in the chips, and they need incinerating.
If you pyrolize first it will be as good as smokeless.

Thank you mate ,by the way I got one more idea from youtube video which removes all chips and gold coating by Desoldering :
sorry for not hyperlinking the above video by
Ruiz Jr, Ramon:

Ruiz Jr, Ramon
One part of ram is okay,simply pulling out ic chips, next is your method, I thought of AR but you make the best move "
AP which is HCL and hydrogen peroxide combo " okay getting through it, refining goes neat.
pyrolize hmm okay mate with this idea fume hood is necessary.can build a small one with simple non toxic substances.
One doubt mate :After removing the foils do we need to smelt the ram finger/cut desoldered pieces after AP bath,//// or do we need to put them into AR ..and then smb .is this okay to make the pure out of it. smelting for gold directly or for purity AR and then smb.which is your best option/suggestion mate?

regards
swami nair

Back