Scrap Gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was taught by one of the best.I cement with powdered zinc,while hanging a plate of zinc on the inside of the tank.Let settle overnight,siphon,heat the powder in water,decant and repeat,add Hcl to remove excess zinc,decant,dissolve in AR,and continue to refine as usual from that point.

Noble Metals Recovery said:
he has processed hundreds of batches of gold cyanide solutions by just boiling it down

If you don't learn anything else from the post from which I took this quote, please learn to NOT make reference to evaporation by mentioning boiling. You are reinforcing bad practice. One can (and should) evaporate WITHOUT boiling. That prevents losses of values, which appears to be a hard lesson for readers to learn.

I am now tempted to delete posts that keep repeating the same phrase I speak against constantly. Please be so advised, and don't be surprised if you find your offerings deleted from the forum if you fail to comply.

Harold

Latest posts

Back