Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you're already in the right thread. You can download a copy from the first post in this thread. At the end of the first post, you should see an "attachment". That's the downloadable copy. Click on it, and it should download it to you device. Happy to sell another free copy! :)

Dave

Well, you're already in the right thread. You can download a copy from the first post in this thread. At the end of the first post, you should see an "attachment". That's the downloadable copy. Click on it, and it should

About 9 months ago I posted my printer friendly version of Hoke's book. In the process of creating that version I corrected many errors that had been generated by the OCR software when the book was originally digitized. I also rescanned all of the photos and drawings and included some text that had been lost in the original process. Unfortunately, the printer friendly version is cumbersome to read on screen, as the order of the pages is organized for printing, not for reading from the screen. Over the last couple of months, I have corrected some additional errors, tweaked a couple of the images, and written an Introduction to point out some inaccurate and/or outdated information in the book. Since I know many members rely on their screen readable versions of the book, I decided to reformat my version back into a screen readable version so that everyone may benefit from the improvements.

• The page size is 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", the same size as those in my 2003 reprint of the book, eliminating all the wasted margin space,
    All of the corrections, rescanned images, and the missing text are included in this version, and
    The Introduction is included in this version.

I've done the best I can to make this an accurate reproduction of the original book with an updated introduction. Everyone who provides links to Hoke's book is welcome to link to this new version.

If anyone finds any errors or omissions, please let me know and I will correct them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dave

You can also find my printer friendly version here: Printer Friendly Copy of Hoke's Book
Hey Dave I see u are the guy to talk to about getting a copy of the hook book .I've tried printing it but ran out of ink gotbink ran out of paper lol,tried to down load the screen reader no luck .suggestions?

Hey Dave I see u are the guy to talk to about getting a copy of the hook book .I've tried printing it but ran out of ink gotbink ran out of paper lol,tried to down load the screen reader no luck .suggestions?
How can you print without downloading?

I don't know how to help since you haven't said what happens when you click on the attachment. Does anything happen? Is there an error message? Also, what type of device are you using? A PC, tablet, phone?

Dave

I don't know how to help since you haven't said what happens when you click on the attachment. Does anything happen? Is there an error message? Also, what type of device are you using? A PC, tablet, phone?

Dave

Dave
I am using a Samsung s21 and when i click on the the down load to print it works and goes to printer but when I click on the screen reader I see nothing

Well, I'm not much help when it comes to phones. With my old eyes, I have trouble reading on a laptop let alone a tiny phone.

I just sent you a PM with a copy of the book attached. I don't know if that will help.

If there's anyone else here familiar with how to see the book on a phone, please chime in.

Dave

Right now I am on a MotoG Power and to see the screen readable version I just click the link and it opens to view it with an option to save a copy.

On my ancient IPhone SE, the screen readable copy pops up automatically as a pdf. Pictures and everything.

On my much older IPhone 4, it will not load unless I install an newer version of the pdf viewer, which is not available for that phone.

Modern technology. Ain’t it just the most fun?

Time for more coffee.

About 9 months ago I posted my printer friendly version of Hoke's book. In the process of creating that version I corrected many errors that had been generated by the OCR software when the book was originally digitized. I also rescanned all of the photos and drawings and included some text that had been lost in the original process. Unfortunately, the printer friendly version is cumbersome to read on screen, as the order of the pages is organized for printing, not for reading from the screen. Over the last couple of months, I have corrected some additional errors, tweaked a couple of the images, and written an Introduction to point out some inaccurate and/or outdated information in the book. Since I know many members rely on their screen readable versions of the book, I decided to reformat my version back into a screen readable version so that everyone may benefit from the improvements.

• The page size is 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", the same size as those in my 2003 reprint of the book, eliminating all the wasted margin space,
    All of the corrections, rescanned images, and the missing text are included in this version, and
    The Introduction is included in this version.

I've done the best I can to make this an accurate reproduction of the original book with an updated introduction. Everyone who provides links to Hoke's book is welcome to link to this new version.

If anyone finds any errors or omissions, please let me know and I will correct them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dave

You can also find my printer friendly version here: Printer Friendly Copy of Hoke's Book
Thank you very much. I was meaning to buy Hokes book. I still will to have a good copy but I've been tight on money so thanks a lot.

Thank you very much. I was meaning to buy Hokes book. I still will to have a good copy but I've been tight on money so thanks a lot.
Welcome to us.
Here are some other links to things worth studying.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: https://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19798
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: https://goldrefiningforum.com/forums/safety.47/
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/dealing-with-waste.10539/

Suggested reading:
https://goldrefiningforum.com/forums/the-library.101/
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/when-in-doubt-cement-it-out.30236/
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...le-read-this-before-you-post-about-ore.33333/

Forum rules is here.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/

Latest posts

Back