Seeking Tutor fo Internship

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollywood

Dear Gold Forum,

I’ve read Hoke’s book and have spent several months testing out different recovery methods. I have a sizable cache of scrap CPU’s, fingers, connectors and chemicals.

I’m looking for someone willing to walk me through the complete refining process using AP, Electrochemical and Nitric and allowing me to ask question take notes, etc.

The product I’m looking for here is a hand’s on familiarity with basic processes from beginning to end that will allow me to recover gold from computer waste and plated materials and sufficient knowledge to debug basic problems that arise while using these methods.

I’m will to pay either in scrap, cash or refined gold if you can demonstrate you have the appropriate experience and examples of finished products.

I have had some success from my efforts but I am embarrassed to admit I have also probably flushed away thousands of dollars in pregnant solutions as well.

I have a technical background and have been training technical people and creating technical training materials for over 30 years. I am willing to do whatever homework is recommended before doing the actual refining and am willing to travel.

Any recommendations about potential candidates would be appreciated. I am not unwilling to create detailed training materials which could be posted to this forum for use by members.

Please e-mail me if you are interested. [email protected]

Thanks.
Steve

Hollywood.

Here is my idea on this matter.

You would spend a lot of money having someone teach you all of this, and if you can read and follow directions, with some study you will get the best education from the forum and the materials provided here, for free, many of the processes are simple, but with everything the devil is in the details, Hokes book and learning what she teaches is about the best all around way to begin, do the getting acquainted experiments she has in the book, from these you will learn many of the reactions, and when you understand what she teaches you will be able to deal with many troublesome materials, like electronic scrap (she speaks nothing about recovery or refining of these but the principles she teaches are what you need to recover and refine from this material successfully.

In the general chat section you will find the welcome to new members and the guide to the forum and the general reaction list kind of an overviews of methods.

In the safety section study the thread dealing with waste and many other good bits of safety information.

Laser Steve’s web site is a good source of information as well as Samuel’s Gold N Scrap.

You could pay someone a salary for a year to show you how to do this, and when he left you would run into a problem and not know what to do next, but if you learn and understand the principles involved from studying the forum and other information, then you would have the basic understanding to do most anything, it will take time to learn, it is a lot of work.

After studying some start a process that is easy, like acid peroxide and memory fingers, study it well and collect the gold foils, then study the HCl bleach method, and dissolve and precipitate the foils, then study Harold’s washing procedure (found in the help needed section getting gold pure and shinning) and clean the gold then study melting and melt your fine gold, start with small baby steps, study each step before you begin, work your way up to a run, studying all the way, before long you will be recovering and refining from more difficult materials.

We can show someone something or even tell him or her many many times how to do this, but they will not be able to, until they understand it. (It is like a light bulb that needs to come on first, before they can see the message), it is kind of like troubleshooting, it is not something easy to learn, but once you understand the principles and begin to think like a troubleshooter it just seems easy.

After reading the response, above, readers should understand why Butcher was assigned as a moderator.

Harold

Harold_V said:
After reading the response, above, readers should understand why Butcher was assigned as a moderator.

Harold

Yep – I agree – I remember the day I logged on & saw that butcher had been given a position as a moderator – it put a smile on my face with the thought of “Well Disserved”

Kurt

Latest posts

Back