Seems like a steal Escrap

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nubs16s

https://www.facebook.com/share/TbicJofutdAFDc4D/?mibextid=kL3p88

I found this ad on marketplace seems like a steal going off boardsort prices it seem you could make a quick $250-500 selling it to them based on my quick math. His sorting doesn't seem to be the best looks like he's got black fiber with his green fiber and other higher values mixed with lower. If it's not worth it please let me know why you think that since I'm still new and learning.

I looked at the pics and did some "quick" summarizing. This would not be an official offer as I would never guess a value and only serves as an evaluation in order to get a vague idea of the value according to boardsort pricing. Again, was just a quick glance and should not be considered an official quote and is for educational purposes only. This is what I see:

6 Pounds 10 Ounces of No Pin CPU at $6.75 per pound = $44.72
8 Pounds 6 Ounces of P4/Green Fiber With Metal at $9.75 per pound = $81.66
1 Pounds 8 Ounces of Green/Brown Fiber No Metal at $20.00 per pound = $30.00
6 Ounces of Slot Processor at $20.00 per pound = $7.50
4 Ounces of DLP Ceramic at $26.00 per pound = $6.50
9 Pounds 8 Ounces of Gold Fingered RAM at $26.00 per pound = $247.00
8 Ounces of AMD Ceramic Aluminum Top K6 at $35.00 per pound = $17.50
1 Pounds 14 Ounces of Clean Gold Fingers at $50.00 per pound = $93.75
2 Pounds of Pentium/Mac Ceramic at $54.00 per pound = $108.00
11 Ounces of Black Fiber at $55.00 per pound = $37.81
6 Ounces of Cyrix/IBM/VIA Gold Capped at $75.00 per pound = $28.13
15 Ounces of Double Side Gold CPU at $130.00 per pound = $121.88
3 Ounces of Pentium Pro Gold Cap at $130.00 per pound = $24.38
11 Ounces of 386/486 Gold Cap at $205.00 per pound = $140.94
0.5 Ounces of Gold Cap Gold Leg 8086 IC at $225.00 per pound = $7.03

Total Weight: 33.90625 lbs
Total Payout: $996.78

I looked at the pics and did some "quick" summarizing. This would not be an official offer as I would never guess a value and only serves as an evaluation in order to get a vague idea of the value according to boardsort pricing. Again, was just a quick glance and should not be considered an official quote and is for educational purposes only. This is what I see:

6 Pounds 10 Ounces of No Pin CPU at $6.75 per pound = $44.72
8 Pounds 6 Ounces of P4/Green Fiber With Metal at $9.75 per pound = $81.66
1 Pounds 8 Ounces of Green/Brown Fiber No Metal at $20.00 per pound = $30.00
6 Ounces of Slot Processor at $20.00 per pound = $7.50
4 Ounces of DLP Ceramic at $26.00 per pound = $6.50
9 Pounds 8 Ounces of Gold Fingered RAM at $26.00 per pound = $247.00
8 Ounces of AMD Ceramic Aluminum Top K6 at $35.00 per pound = $17.50
1 Pounds 14 Ounces of Clean Gold Fingers at $50.00 per pound = $93.75
2 Pounds of Pentium/Mac Ceramic at $54.00 per pound = $108.00
11 Ounces of Black Fiber at $55.00 per pound = $37.81
6 Ounces of Cyrix/IBM/VIA Gold Capped at $75.00 per pound = $28.13
15 Ounces of Double Side Gold CPU at $130.00 per pound = $121.88
3 Ounces of Pentium Pro Gold Cap at $130.00 per pound = $24.38
11 Ounces of 386/486 Gold Cap at $205.00 per pound = $140.94
0.5 Ounces of Gold Cap Gold Leg 8086 IC at $225.00 per pound = $7.03

Total Weight: 33.90625 lbs
Total Payout: $996.78
Thanks for the summary

Curiously, within hours of my reply, the price dropped a few dollars below my summary. They have been asking for that higher price for 16 weeks according to the listing.

Per the bold print - who is they ?

I thought boardsort was your company ?

That said I can "somewhat" see a price drop as there was "good size" price drop in gold (like $60 plus) when the market "first" opened (went below $2,400) but I see it has also rebounded back up around $2,440 (at least when I looked again this morning

Edit to add; - Oh - I see now - you were talk about the seller link in the OP

Kurt

Per the bold print - who is they ?

I thought boardsort was your company ?

That said I can "somewhat" see a price drop as there was "good size" price drop in gold (like $60 plus) when the market "first" opened (went below $2,400) but I see it has also rebounded back up around $2,440 (at least when I looked again this morning

Edit to add; - Oh - I see now - you were talk about the seller link in the OP

Kurt
I don't deal with boardsort. Simply the seller doesn't pay shipping cost, the buyer does. Unless it's free shipping from the seller. Then seller includes shipping in price of goods sold.

I don't deal with boardsort. Simply the seller doesn't pay shipping cost, the buyer does. Unless it's free shipping from the seller. Then seller includes shipping in price of goods sold.
I do not quite understand this.
The seller with regards to boardsort will be you, so you prefer to pay for the shipping yourself???

Boardsort doesn't pay for shipping. The seller does. I may be wrong.
Here you say something else:
I don't deal with boardsort. Simply the seller (you) doesn't pay shipping cost, the buyer (Boardsort) does. Unless it's free shipping from the seller. Then seller includes shipping in price of goods sold.
In red bold text how I read it, I assumed you meant the other way around.

I believe he is stating that he feels that is the way it should be.

Unfortunately, it is not that way it is at most places for many reasons. Our materials are considered commodities and are priced as such. That pricing is based on that value of the material and does not factor any logistical considerations, particular shipping as that is not a consistent cost. Shipping from you may be twice as much as shipping from someone else. How do we price that in? This is still a business.

This is the standard operating procedure in this industry. As most yard owners know, we pay freight on most everything we sell with only a few exceptions.

The margins on the materials that we buy, after all is said and done, are not wide enough to also cover shipping. Ultimately we would need to lower the price that we pay for the material. At that point, who really pays? A very large segment of our customer base sells their material in person so they would then need a higher price or they are paying someone else's shipping as well.

It is more transparent and completely in your control with respect to costs when we leave out all of the extracurricular costs and deal only with the commodity and handle shipping separately.

Hopefully ssmontecarlo has a buyer that covers shipping and pays the same or higher.

I believe he is stating that he feels that is the way it should be.

Unfortunately, it is not that way it is at most places for many reasons. Our materials are considered commodities and are priced as such. That pricing is based on that value of the material and does not factor any logistical considerations, particular shipping as that is not a consistent cost. Shipping from you may be twice as much as shipping from someone else. How do we price that in? This is still a business.

This is the standard operating procedure in this industry. As most yard owners know, we pay freight on most everything we sell with only a few exceptions.

The margins on the materials that we buy, after all is said and done, are not wide enough to also cover shipping. Ultimately we would need to lower the price that we pay for the material. At that point, who really pays? A very large segment of our customer base sells their material in person so they would then need a higher price or they are paying someone else's shipping as well.

It is more transparent and completely in your control with respect to costs when we leave out all of the extracurricular costs and deal only with the commodity and handle shipping separately.

Hopefully ssmontecarlo has a buyer that covers shipping and pays the same or higher.
I don't sell...Thank You

Latest posts

Back