Hi ya’ll! I’m the new girl🤣

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubSeven

Hello everyone! My name is Jennifer and I live in Huntsville Alabama next to the Redstone Arsenal which is weapons building and testing facility of the military industrial complex I have been hunting gold and other metals since I was about 5, Panning for gold in Dahlonega, Georgia with my dad is one of my most cherished childhood memories and also what keeps me curious about new ways to find gold. . I live in a place where tech is depended upon for more than just keeping records or as a point of sale and has to be constantly updated and upgraded. Iwould imagine someone already has the bulk e-scrap on lock, but I see a lot that is not.

In Huntsville we are surrounded by several small mountains in what's called the Tennessee Valley. On top of the mountains, there a very dense population of wealthy people in a very small area. They throw EVERYTHING away. I have furnished my home for a decade thanks to their thrown out items🤣 Upon seeing more and more e-scrap lately I decided to try some of these processes once I have a substantial amount of scrap saved.

I am going to read the suggested readings after posting as it’s on my list of things to do today. My best friend also has a online used jewelry store and she is constantly getting gold plated and gold filled jewelry. That’s just basically junk. She’s a single mother with 14 teenagers so this is going to help her immensely if I can figure it out.

I have a pretty good understanding of chemistry, and this process isn’t very hard. It just requires some tedious tasks which don’t bother me. I’m on the autism spectrum so certain things are extremely calming for me and it’s usually those tedious tasks that people don’t like to do which are the most calming. 🤣 If an oxymoron was a person, the person would be me. 🤣

Anyway, thank you for allowing me to be part of forum and I look forward to talking with some of you and learning from you.

Jennifer

Attachments

• 55603904108__C819A054-9496-49B1-B8FD-89AF818313B7.fullsizerender.jpeg
    55603904108__C819A054-9496-49B1-B8FD-89AF818313B7.fullsizerender.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Hello from Germany, Jennifer and welcome to the forums!

Is it correct that your friend is a single mom with a 14-year old teenager or is she a single mom with 14(!!!) teenagers?
I got 5 and I am not single, but that alone gives me nervous breakdown each and every day ( teenagers!!!!) :eek:

Apart from that, enjoy!

Welcome to the forum. If you start reading threads, it will be most helpful to start in the library thread here. It breaks down good threads by topic and will help you find what you need early on.

Good luck, and enjoy.

Hello everyone! My name is Jennifer and I live in Huntsville Alabama next to the Redstone Arsenal which is weapons building and testing facility of the military industrial complex I have been hunting gold and other metals since I was about 5, Panning for gold in Dahlonega, Georgia with my dad is one of my most cherished childhood memories and also what keeps me curious about new ways to find gold. . I live in a place where tech is depended upon for more than just keeping records or as a point of sale and has to be constantly updated and upgraded. Iwould imagine someone already has the bulk e-scrap on lock, but I see a lot that is not.

In Huntsville we are surrounded by several small mountains in what's called the Tennessee Valley. On top of the mountains, there a very dense population of wealthy people in a very small area. They throw EVERYTHING away. I have furnished my home for a decade thanks to their thrown out items🤣 Upon seeing more and more e-scrap lately I decided to try some of these processes once I have a substantial amount of scrap saved.

I am going to read the suggested readings after posting as it’s on my list of things to do today. My best friend also has a online used jewelry store and she is constantly getting gold plated and gold filled jewelry. That’s just basically junk. She’s a single mother with 14 teenagers so this is going to help her immensely if I can figure it out.

I have a pretty good understanding of chemistry, and this process isn’t very hard. It just requires some tedious tasks which don’t bother me. I’m on the autism spectrum so certain things are extremely calming for me and it’s usually those tedious tasks that people don’t like to do which are the most calming. 🤣 If an oxymoron was a person, the person would be me. 🤣

Anyway, thank you for allowing me to be part of forum and I look forward to talking with some of you and learning from you.

Jennifer
As said before, welcome to us.

Here are some other links to study, we recommend Safety, waste treatment and the forum rules as good starters.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: https://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19798
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: https://goldrefiningforum.com/forums/safety.47/
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/dealing-with-waste.10539/

Suggested reading:
https://goldrefiningforum.com/forums/the-library.101/
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/when-in-doubt-cement-it-out.30236/
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...le-read-this-before-you-post-about-ore.33333/

Forum rules is here.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/

Jennifer
Welcome Jennifer, It looks like you have a ready source of income. Gold is not the only source of value in E-scrap. Tin lead from Solder on the PC boards and ,Copper, Palladium together constitute more value than the Gold on E-scrap. A system of electrochemistry should be very benificial to you and there is no need to use harsh acids, this system is called Electrokinetic Leaching. You can include the use of Microwave energy. Wishing Good fortune to you

Jennifer
Hello and welcome to the forum.

As they say, "...there is more than 1 way to skin a mongoose...", there are lots of ways to recover valuables from e-scrap. While you are reading the given material, search the forum and google for prices (ebay is the worst source) and make your own calculations if you plan to purchase your material....remember....you are in this journey to make money, not to lose money....

I often say to anyone who wants to make business....time is the only thing you cannot recover or buy...therefore that is your most expensive asset...don't waste it...

If you need answers...just ask the questions....we are here to help... youtube has some very dangerous videos some follow....avoid to follow those...if you watch youtube....search for Sreetips...he has lots of valid videos, with good explanation as well.

Take it slow.....your values wont escape.....you can only make big mistakes once....you might not get the chance to do it second time.

If you are now somewhat scared...good...that will make you cautious...

Sorry for the harsh description, but unfortunately, lately, a lot of "something went wrong, i messed up, need guidence, waht is that precipitate in my beaker" type of threads come up....we would like to avoid people getting hurt...

Have fun, learn, enjoy you stay...

Be safe

Pete

Edit: ..... "skin a Helogale parvula" to be more precise....my appologies for the slip up... :p :p :p :p

Last edited:

Jennifer
Welcome friend!!!

Latest posts

Back