A crucible with a merge o of 15gms of au +5grams of platinum embedded inbrax

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

As i mentioned,i have 20 grams of AU+PT in little bals embedded in borax and struked in . a crucible . I have to take these metals from the crucible and recuperate the gold and platinum--it was a jewell(white gold).which became a .mess in the crucible.Thanks for the help. Arthur Kierski

Arthur there are several ways to get the values out of the crucible, you can simply scrape the flux and beads out using a flat steel bar or screwdriver , it’s also possible to thin your flux out but it will do some damage to the crucible same as the other method or try dilute sulphuric in the crucible to dissolve the flux thus releasing the beads , be sure to fully dry the crucible afterwards and do a firing empty of values afterwards to make sure of its integrity.

Arthur there are several ways to get the values out of the crucible, you can simply scrape the flux and beads out using a flat steel bar or screwdriver , it’s also possible to thin your flux out but it will do some damage to the crucible same as the other method or try dilute sulphuric in the crucible to dissolve the flux thus releasing the beads , be sure to fully dry the crucible afterwards and do a firing empty of values afterwards to make sure of its integrity.

Thanks once again Nickvc,as i told before i am retired and rusty and my questions are used by my son and heir--my dificulties was always to obtain scraps containing pms--he obtains lots of scraps and his problem is how to recuperate and refine them.

As i mentioned,i have 20 grams of AU+PT in little bals embedded in borax and struked in . a crucible . I have to take these metals from the crucible and recuperate the gold and platinum--it was a jewell(white gold).which became a .mess in the crucible.Thanks for the help. Arthur Kierski
Hi Arthur
As Nick said.
However, the easiest way is to heat your crucible in dilute Sulphuric Acid this will dissolve the flux.
T

Back