• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

selling computer parts in EU

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theitalianhenchman

Hi all!
I see there are a lot of internet site in us where to sell computer parts in bulk because they resale.
There is some place here in Europe too? Someone have tried them? think oversea shipping costs are a killer plus lots of laws probably involved.

theitalianhenchman said:
Hi all!
I see there are a lot of internet site in us where to sell computer parts in bulk because they resale.
There is some place here in Europe too? Someone have tried them? think oversea shipping costs are a killer plus lots of laws probably involved.

Sadly haven't found one; ebay (& Paypal) commisions is a steal.

PM me with what you got, I refurbrish computers locally all the time, I might be interested...

[/quote]

Sadly haven't found one; ebay (& Paypal) commisions is a steal.

PM me with what you got, I refurbrish computers locally all the time, I might be interested...
[/quote]

I'm sure I founded some times ago a link in this site of a company in Uk (Wales I think) that buy ram stick by the kilo, price depending on the gb. In internet I founded many many Us companies, but no one in EU and this seems impossible to me; I'm not good with computer that's probably why.

Pm sended!

Are you selling parts for reuse or recycle? Price difference is huge, but reusable parts of course can't be very old.

Dr.xyz said:
Are you selling parts for reuse or recycle? Price difference is huge, but reusable parts of course can't be very old.

For reuse, the things I sell for recycle I already have a buyer; still, always open for a good deal :lol:
There are company that pays for example ram stick 2 giga byte 50€/kilo; 4giga 200€/kilo, hard disk 1 tera 10€ and so on. Best part is you don't have to test the material as they buy it eitherway and I don't have the ability to do it.

Martijn said:
Here is a dutch site with prices per category
https://www.hollandrecycling.nl/elektronica-recycling/printplaten

Thank you very much!!
If you don't mind a couple of question..have you ever used them? do they tend to "steal" on the weight? what about "cherrypicking"?

No, i've used this site to get a feeling for the value of things.
I don't know if you can send them scrap, but i imagine they weigh the boards and pay according the category the boards are in. If there is a big difference in what you weighed and their results, i think they will contact you. Surely its not the only one in europe. I prefer to turn it in personally and witness the weigh.
You can use this site as an indication if your'e getting a fair price at your local scrapyard.
Most are not that experienced with e--waste though.
And they need an additional permit for that here in the Netherlands.
The PCB' i turn in are stripped of their components. Together with the heat sinks and sorted metal scrap that came off. Thats to get rid of the waste responsibly and get some money back for it.

Martijn.

No, I don't know any. Why would you want to? The water is nice and warm here on GRF. Jump in, Start a new thread.
Information = knowledge = power. Therefore competition will hold certain information back if it gives someone an edge. we're all fishing in the same pond here.
eg: you can tell the mud-facemask producers that bentonite for construction is the same as bentonite for face masks, only screened finer, but heck, the bentonite producer won't tell them.. nooo, you can pay ten times more for the same product, we sure don't mind... we'll just label it "cosmetic grade...:ROFLMAO:"... fools.

Hello are you still looking for cpu ceramic scraps, i have intel pentium pro, and can ship to EU, i accept video calls on whatsapp to show materials before delivery and during packaging
Nearly every day, I wonder, how dumb you scammers are. It took me a minute to find "your" photo in the internet.
Is it that hard to fraud people the right way (smarter)?

https://m.globalsources.com/Single-core/Processor-scraps-1190588513p.htm
I hope, you'll end up, dumped in a steel barrel placed in the sun. Have a nice day!

Back