semi processed mlcc's (odd question)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necromancer

hello all & thank you in advance

i have had 3.5 lbs of mlcc's soaking in HCL for about 30 days

they have been filtered twice & all leftovers from the filtering process put back into the beaker.

my question is:

how much of the dried mlcc's (in weight) should i have after desolving the base metals in HLC ???

i know its a odd question but i can let everyone know the reason i am asking this after getting a answer

they were magnetic & non magnetic mlcc's, photo of the type is here

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=20924&mode=view

thank you once again, your answers are very important

edited for spelling

The metal to ceramic ratio is about 1:5
With solder is could be a little higher.

Telling just how much of the metals was dissolved in HCl is byond me...

I've noticed that the ceramics in certain MLCC:s is broken down in HCl, creating a white mud. Some MLCC:s looks like accordions after a while.

I've never weighted the scrap after the HCl wash but I have noticed a large reduction of volume, probably from the disintegrating ceramic.

Göran

just keep leeching the material until their are no values anymore; you might get very surprised! And on the last leach use Hot AR to leach any leftover Pd and sometimes Pt

samuel-a said:
The metal to ceramic ratio is about 1:5
With solder is could be a little higher.

Telling just how much of the metals was dissolved in HCl is byond me...

wouly you be willing to estimate ??

thank you again

g_axelsson said:
I've noticed that the ceramics in certain MLCC:s is broken down in HCl, creating a white mud. Some MLCC:s looks like accordions after a while.

I've never weighted the scrap after the HCl wash but I have noticed a large reduction of volume, probably from the disintegrating ceramic.

Göran

The white mud also might be tin oxide if there is still solder involved in the material. Is it insoluble?

Scott

My guess on the white mud I get is barium titanate (BaTiO3) and lead chloride. Tin would come off as tin chloride and wouldn't have time to oxidize so much in just a few weeks.
At least the mud doesn't turn purple in the sun so it isn't made up of any large amounts of silver chloride.

Göran

That white mud is ether Zirconium dioxide (ZrO2) sometimes known as zirconia or Lead zirconium titanate Pb[ZrTiO3) Also called PZT.

They are white solids that are insoluble in all solvents.

i have about 2 lbs (pounds) of dried semi processed MLCC's

is there anyone in canada or the toronto area who would be willing to toll refine this for me ??

it was originaly 3.5 pounds soaked for about a month or so in HCL, & washed once with tap water.

photos on request

please PM with your rate, cash or toll percentage

only known trusted members only please.

if your in "georgetown, ontario, canada" (you know who you are) please do not reply to my post, i will not "ever again" send business your way

Latest posts

Back