Shor Stripfree

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samadams

New to the forum here and very pleased to have found this place.

I recently stripped some mil spec pins using the StripFree solution. I called Shor and asked
someone there what I was supposed to do after I completed stripping these pins. I was told
the plating would simply sink to the bottom of the container where it could be later removed
and rinsed.

I processed at least 5 pounds of high yield material but the amount of material precipitated at the bottom of the containers is very small.
I am not even sure what StripFree is so I am hesitant to continue stripping at this point.

Can I continue this process and then precipitate out the gold with MSB?

I do not feel I am getting straight answers from Shor which is what led me to this site.

The StripFree now has small white particulate suspended in it. Not sure what my next step is and would appreciate any advice you guys
might be able to provide.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 282
Their is still a lot of gold on them parts.

StripFree- StripFree is good for all items that are stainless steel based and to which you can make electrical contact. A good item for this is the underplate on the bottom of CPU chips. StripFree works by electrolytic action and requires the use of a car battery charger. It can be used over and over again, as long as the solution does not become contaminated.

http://www.ishor.com/goldrecoveryinstr.php

Back