Should have done this sooner

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Despotic

Craig Collins from North Georgia.

I found this site (Thank God) after trying to melt down a 12 gram 14K rope necklace in a graphite crucible with a propane torch I bought at Lowes :lol:, the necklace is still in the crucible half gold molten looking half copper tone and borax all over it :roll: . After several hours googling I was looking at the IShor system but knew there had to be a better way.

I've been on this site poking around for a little while now and reading Hoke's book over and over again hoping all of this sinks in and I can recover and refine safely. Until then I'm just studying and saving all the parts from e-scrap that have been recommended for PM recovery. So far this new hobby has been more like work with no pay but I'm sure I'll get some fine gold later :wink: .

I'm a little confused about who's site this is. The main candidates are Steve (Lazersteve) ,Noxx, Lou, GSP, and Harold_v but there are so many talented people here giving out free information from decades of hard work that I guess it belongs to all of us (new guy's especially) as a gift.

Anyway, Just thought I should introduce myself.
-Craig Collins

Welcome to the forum, Craig.

The forum is the creation of our leader, Noxx, a fine young man that is attending college. The rest of us are volunteers, supporting him in his endeavor to assemble people with a common interest, that of recovering and refining precious metals.

Harold

Back