silver cell confusion

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the replay phil. no hoke yet but i will take precations when i start. but iam still confused about the pure silver anode bars i see kadriver useing whats the point? if i use 1oz. pure anode bar to get 1oz. of pure crystal growth weres the profit at? thanks for any help lee
Normally the only time you will see a pure anode used is in a cell is where you are plating silver onto items. You use the fine silver to regenerate the electrolyte. Typically this is done in a cyanide solution. As Element 47 says typically silver nitrate is used for purification there are slimes left behind in the membrane.

As Philddreamer says Be sure to wear your PPE. If you get silver nitrate in your eyes you will be blind for at least two weeks until your eyes peel. I.E. wear a polycarbonate mask ! The fumes will make you feel quite ill if you get a good whiff of them. Good luck :)

Normally the only time you will see a pure anode used is in a cell is where you are plating silver onto items. You use the fine silver to regenerate the electrolyte. Typically this is done in a cyanide solution. As Element 47 says typically silver nitrate is used for purification there are slimes left behind in the membrane.

As Philddreamer says Be sure to wear your PPE. If you get silver nitrate in your eyes you will be blind for at least two weeks until your eyes peel. I.E. wear a polycarbonate mask ! The fumes will make you feel quite ill if you get a good whiff of them. Good luck :)
Welcome to us.
There should not be much fumes from a Silver cell after the electrolyte has been made.

Lee has not been here on the forum since May 2012.

Actually its a funny thing, I had my flagged messages filtered last night. I came into work this morning and saw the post which I flagged to answer clearly some time ago now. Thought it was todays lol. Opps !

Apollogies :)

Actually its a funny thing, I had my flagged messages filtered last night. I came into work this morning and saw the post which I flagged to answer clearly some time ago now. Thought it was todays lol. Opps !

Apollogies :)
Apologies to you too, my eyes was not working well.
I thought it was your first post :rolleyes:

Back