Silver Extraction

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collector

My main interest at this point is not necessarily refining pure which I would like to dabble with later but extracting silver from my gold scrap. Ive read a bunch and watched many videos and wanted to know if the following process would work after inquarting.

After using nitric acid to separate the gold from the silver cant I just remelt the gold so I can sell it to my refiner and than use the copper cementing process with the silver nitrate to recover the silver? I would be interested in reusing the silver for another inquarting process and after accumulating enough eventurally melt the silver to a bar to sell to my refiner.

I am interested in refining for a hobby down the line but for profit was interested if the above would work?

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick response.

After further review it doesn't seem feasible to do it this way for profit since the amounts of nitric acid required and at the cost will far exceed the gain I would obtain by inquarting the silver. Looks like I'll do it as a hobby instead.

Latest posts

Back