Silver problems

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brjook

I had dropped about 10 grams of gold powderfrom some gold filled jewlery i purchased.It was apparently full of silver.I digested in nitric till all that was left looked like gold.Digested that in AR and dilluted my AR/Gold solution with water and it was full of silver(White cloud).I let settle over night and removed the solution from the white at the bottom and dropped with SMB.I washed the powder with water several times and redissovled it in Acid /Clorox.Beautifull orange color.I added water to dillute and again full of silver.How can i remover the silver in at ther start. I know dissolve with nitric but the gold would not react so i though al lthe base metals was gone .Any advice would be appreciated.

brjook said:
I had dropped about 10 grams of gold powderfrom some gold filled jewlery i purchased.It was apparently full of silver.I digested in nitric till all that was left looked like gold.Digested that in AR and dilluted my AR/Gold solution with water and it was full of silver(White cloud).I let settle over night and removed the solution from the white at the bottom and dropped with SMB.I washed the powder with water several times and redissovled it in Acid /Clorox.Beautifull orange color.I added water to dillute and again full of silver.How can i remover the silver in at ther start. I know dissolve with nitric but the gold would not react so i though al lthe base metals was gone .Any advice would be appreciated.

I discussed this recently on the following thread. In the 1st paragraph of my post, it explains what happened in your situation.
http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11684&p=114388&hilit=silver+chloride+lead#p114388

hi,
you are doing something wrong.you dissolve silver in nitric acid and some residue remains as gold which you treat in aquaregia.according to me,you had not dissolved all silver or you wash undissolved residue by hot water.

Incuartación:
If the alloy contains silver, copper, iron, etc..
An easy way gold is refined by melting silver or copper add enough for gold in the alloy remains at 25% or a quarter.
Then disueve alloy with a dilute solution of HNO3.
Heating the alloy is digested slightly until completely dissolved.
Gold remains an insoluble remnant brown.
The precipitate was washed and filtered until there is no rinsing silver nitrate is detected with sodium chloride or copper nitrate with ammonia is detected.
The more rinsing is purest gold.
Finally the precipitate is dried and fused with sodium carbonate and borax.

Hola Renato!
Que estas tratando de comunicarnos? Tienes una pregunta de COMO incuartar, o estas haciendo un comentario de como usted incuarta?

Gracias y que tenga un buen dia!

Phil

Latest posts

Back