Silver thiosulphate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosfetta

Hello everyone.
- silver processing with thiosulphate.
- precipitation of silver sulphate.
- should silver sulphate be washed before melting it and how?

Hello everyone.
- silver processing with thiosulphate.
- precipitation of silver sulphate.
- should silver sulphate be washed before melting it and how?
In what form is the Silver?
And why do you want to use ThioSulfate?

In what form is the Silver?
And why do you want to use ThioSulfate

the silver comes from leaching and traning of PCB, therefore a mush that I try to perfect.
2) I use thiosulfate because it seems more suitable and faster for this situation.
Thanks for the reply

the silver comes from leaching and traning of PCB, therefore a mush that I try to perfect.
2) I use thiosulfate because it seems more suitable and faster for this situation.
Thanks for the reply
What does training of PCB mean?

Edited in note.
I assume training was a typo meaning draining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you stripping plated silver, or possibly film, with a sodium thiosulfate wash?
How are you generating the silver sulphate?
Are you using fine steel wool?

I put the PCBs in diluted nitric acid, a solution of silver nitrate and an undefined background slurry will form, I divide the two things to treat them better with thiosulphate. it will generate sulphate and sulphide with steel wool, I want to melt it with some iron and sodium carbate, do I wash with something or base like this??

Fine means thin fabric. Steel wool comes from very coarse to very fine grades. The fine grade dissolves easier and cements out the silver.
obviously I know what fine means, I wanted to understand the functionality between fine and coarse and if there are other specifications.
Thank you

It's all about the surface area, if you were to measure the surface area of a kilogram of coarse steel wool and the surface area of fine steel wool the difference is large. More surface gives more area for the chemistry of cementation to work. Remember physical contact of the metals is necessary for the reaction to occur so more area equals more places for these reactions to take place within the same mass of wool.

È tutta una questione di superficie: se misurassi la superficie di un chilogrammo di lana d'acciaio grossolana e la superficie di lana d'acciaio fine, la differenza sarebbe grande. Una superficie maggiore offre più spazio affinché la chimica della cementazione possa funzionare. Ricorda che il contatto fisico dei metalli è necessario affinché avvenga la reazione, quindi più area equivale a più posti affinché queste reazioni avvengano all'interno della stessa massa di lana.
Well. Thank

Edit by moderator to remove double quote.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back