Smelting ore with induction

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, copper is also good but if there is au, and if its ag/au then lead is batter than copper.
When its about PGM , then copper is ok but iron is much more batter option.

Only some more research required to adjust the ingredients. Iron is good to collect from slag with magnet.
Copper is only good that its easy to refine and low boiling point. , than iron,
You should check out what they do in South Africa with their PGM ores.
I do not think they smelt at the high temperatures you aim at, and I believe they are using fluxes to thin the smelt so the metals easier aggregate and coalesce to a button or into the matte in the bottom.
This is done while they sparge with Oxygen to remove most of the Iron and base metals as Oxides in the slag.
After it is concentrated this way, they pressure leach it with HCl-Cl in closed reactors.
At least as to what I saw in one documentary from the mining industry in South Africa.

You should check out what they do in South Africa with their PGM ores.
I do not think they smelt at the high temperatures you aim at, and I believe they are using fluxes to thin the smelt so the metals easier aggregate and coalesce to a button or into the matte in the bottom.
This is done while they sparge with Oxygen to remove most of the Iron and base metals as Oxides in the slag.
After it is concentrated this way, they pressure leach it with HCl-Cl in closed reactors.
At least as to what I saw in one documentary from the mining industry in South Africa.
Thanks. Yes flux are good to thin the melt to make it in good contact/mix. I will see on it. High tamp is fine to avail in induction, but issues were of high refactory. Want use mgo, but not avail, if avail , not know if there is any other substrate to add or not.
People who already work with induction, not know about mgo , some people who know about mgo lining, they not preffer it because of high import cost.

I am looking to work at 14 to 18 00 c. Not more than that ,

Mgo lining is well known for high tamp but it has another benifit that it stay more longer than other refactories , especially on acidic materials with fluxes

Back