sodium chlorate - palladium process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
acpeacemaker said:
Rotz said:
acpeacemaker said:
I've read through this entire drawn out post. But can you just say what your main feedstock was that you have processed? That your stockpot acquired "said powders" from?

Yes, I proccessed black powders form bottom of the vessel.

Hi Rotz,

Sorry this might be the language barrier thing. But I'm asking what have you been refining altogether to get those powders. Escrap, karat, ore, braze, sand, auto, etc. Is there a main subject material in particular you have recovered from that eventually goes into and accumulates your stockpot.

Yes - although we do not need that info to solve this - it would certainly be helpful to have that info --- so good question

Kurt

acpeacemaker said:
Rotz said:
acpeacemaker said:
I've read through this entire drawn out post. But can you just say what your main feedstock was that you have processed? That your stockpot acquired "said powders" from?

Yes, I proccessed black powders form bottom of the vessel.

Hi Rotz,

Sorry this might be the language barrier thing. But I'm asking what have you been refining altogether to get those powders. Escrap, karat, ore, braze, sand, auto, etc. Is there a main subject material in particular you have recovered from that eventually goes into and accumulates your stockpot.
Sorry it is my bad. All of them from e scrap. Mainly ram and cell phone. Today I read a little bit Hoke. I undertood my faults. I applied ammonium chloride to hot solution. And sodium chlorate. So base metal contamination been very much.

Also Dmg precipitate something because of the NaOH. I used min amount NaOH but I guess it increase of PH. Then I saw precipitating. Actually I calculate before precipitation to pd amount according to DMG amount. It came like my calculated amount,luck in to issue. (unluckyness)

By the means of this post I learnt the stannous positive result. In order to trusting kadriver post, I process my solution with him photo. I dont know maybe still his photo true but for different condition. I am gonna be more careful. Something dont learn without trying. I know it is dangerous but I have lab experiment from school. I know acid treatment or precipitaion or using equipment.

Thank you for helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also proccessed hdd board and blue capacitor about 1 kg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotz.
I'm sorry to say so, but in most modern e-waste there are no to little Pd.
The exeption is high end serverboards and some other high end boards.
So unless you had a "ton" of these HDD boards I don't expect there are much Pd at all.
Which acidentally are what the tests show.

So if you already have your gold out, i would let the waste liquor go to the stock pot and redissolve the rest of the powders/waste that is left (to ensure nothing is left in there) and put that to the stock pot too.
If there is any kind of value in there you will get it when you process your stock pot.

Rotz said:
They are stannous test. I didn't apply DMG. I saw deep forest green when add the stannous to photo A like around of the solution at the spoon. Then it turn to orange like middle of the solution.

Photo B another solution It is very bright yellow. It can be wrong result. All I need to know learn what I see with your comment.

Thank you.

Then I answered

Very good & thank you for answering my questions --- it looks like we MAY have found your Pd

Now - don't doing anything with the solution you took those test from yet

That is because we FIRST want to do a little more testing to "confirm" the Pd is really there

Ok - so - hopefully you have not actually done anything with the solution you took those test from yet ?

Please answer that question

Then - as long as you have not done anything with that solution I need to know --------

Is it a nitric acid only solution --- or a HCl only solution --- or an AR solution

Then - I want to see a picture of that solution ( a picture of the actual solution in the beaker)

Then I want you to do 2 more stannous test - I want you to do those test in a different way then the way you have been doing them

Instead of doing the test in a spoon like you have been doing I want you to do this ---------

Test 1) use a cotton swab (like in the picture that Yggdrasil & Goran posted) - dip it in the solution so the cotton gets wet - then put "one" drop of stannous on the cotton swab that was dipped in the solution --- then take a picture of that test & show it to us

Test 2) on a paper filter (or a paper towel if you don't have paper filters) put two different drops of the solution - one drop - then another drop next to the first - with some room between the two drops --- then on one of those drops put a drop of stannous - but do not put any stannous on the other drop --- take a picture of that test & show it to us

Once you answer my questions & post the pictures I asked for we will move on to the next step(s) of what to do

Kurt

Back