Sodium Nitrate 50 lbs, ships to U.S.A. / Canada

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carcrossguy said:
5055 available. I think canada customs would be more strict than anybody about this.

Shipping to Canada via Fedex as dangerous goods - $135.00 includes Hazmat.

Ships as an ingredient for pottery glazes.

Regards
Gill

Thanks, Gill.

He also sells 61.4% nitric acid at his website:

http://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php?query=sodium+nitrate

I think anything under 67% is not regulated in Canada. He charges $72 for 1000ml. How easy is it to go from 61.4 to 70 percent or is 61.4 adequate?

I have purchased Sodium Nitrate from their e-bay store three times in the past. The transactions went smothly and quickly. I would do it again if I needed any. Just my opinion.

Barren Realms 007 said:
I'll stick with paying my $1.25 per lb.

Good price.

The local jewellers supply store here in the middle of the city charges 60 pesos ($5) for 1kg. Sits on a shelf behind the counter alongside the 70% nitric, sulfuric, H2O2 and HCl.

I dread the day someone knocks them all off the shelf at once.

http://estores.wws5.com/stuffers.com/wecs.php?store=stuffers&action=category_view&target=301

Has anyone tried stuffers.com for sodium nitrate? The guys said he fixed his site but I still dont see the prices for the cures.

Barren Realms 007 said:
I'll stick with paying my $1.25 per lb.

Where are you buying yours from?

I'm down to my last 10 pounds and looking for a cheaper source.

Steve

I actually have some of the boxed Bonide (brown with specks in it) and it worked better for homemade nitric than the stuff from DudaDiesel. Of course, I had to filter out the crude after dissolving the nitrate before adding the acid.

I'm waiting on a shipping quote for a 50# sack, the nitrate costs $23.75 for the 50# bag (~$0.48 / pound)

Steve

Steve,

In what aspect did the nitrate work better? Solubility? Strength? I would like to try it if possible. Where do you get the 50# bag?

Thanks

Barren Realms 007 said:
Was there less salt bypoduct when you freeze it?

No, I used the same amount of reagents when I did the side by side tests with Duda's and Bonide. The dirty Bonide stuff made a better nitric that was easier to separate from the salt. Once I filtered the hot concentrated nitrate solution it was nearly clear, maybe slightly straw colored.

I was very surprised, but I ran the test as I was suspicious that Duda's nitrate said it was less than 100% pure on the bag and was getting odd results after the freezer step. When I use it in my Poorman's recipe's it always wants to 'soap up' too.

As I said, I'm on my last 10# from Duda and I'm hell bent locating a new source for less money.

I'm still closing the deal with the new supplier and will share more when I get the final cost figures and make a batch of HNO3 with it.

Steve

It must have some sort of additive that makes it want to soap up. I haven't had that problem with my poor man's. But the hi-yield is all I have used. One place was $7.00 per bag over in Memphis and then my locl guy that was the price I mentioned. ut if you get it for the price you are saying I might switch if you don't have any problems with it. Always looking for a better price. I took all both stores had last week.

Latest posts

Back