Sodium Thiosalphate Leaching

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssichula

Hi can any1 help me in designing a small scale leach plant using sodium thiosalphate as the medium, I would like to leach 1,000-5,000kg per day and recover by electrowinning, local company are charging me thousands of $ to design the plant it does not make sense.
If any1 can help me design the plant i.e will i need agitators etc i would b every happy.

Air should be injected?
I am silver ore leaching with cyanide and want to switch to thiosulfate.
The agitators inject air through agitation.

ssichula said:
Hi can any1 help me in designing a small scale leach plant using sodium thiosalphate as the medium, I would like to leach 1,000-5,000kg per day and recover by electrowinning, local company are charging me thousands of $ to design the plant it does not make sense.
If any1 can help me design the plant i.e will i need agitators etc i would b every happy.
A litte friendly advice.

Lose the text lingo on this forum. Spell words out and do NOT use characters that represent words, not for any reason. There's just too much room for error otherwise.

Harold

According to background search on leaching with thiosulphate, I can leave the following points.
The thiosulphate leaching is the chemical basis of photography.
The hypo dissolves silver halides such as chlorides or bromides.
Photographic fixing solution contains sodium thiosulphate, good for silver leaching oxidized ores.
Russell Patera and processes use sodium thiosulphate leaching solutions.

Lino1406 said:
Do not forget air spargers, inside the thiosulphate
solution.
I am doing testing gold ore leaching with thiosulfate and ammonia volatilizes rapidly with agitation detieniendose the dissolution of gold.
This agitation is 500 rpm.

Although thiosulfates of sodium or ammonium can leach gold, gold sulfides and silver halides (chlorides, bromides) it will not leach the silver sulfides, silver selenides or silver tellurides. For that, you need alkali cyanides. Dr. Poe

Latest posts

Back