sorting gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moo

Hay forum :)

Today I spent quiet some time after having a bunch (about 150) of ceramic cpus some stripped some not, I poured off the solution into another bucket and sorted what cpus I had that were completly stripped and used spray can to wash all the I plan to crush with a mill of some sort or maybe a mulcher I have access to one that can process organic matter such as manure tress etc into fine powder but the owner is hesistant to let me use it however unless the ceramic isnt harder then wood. does anyone know? My other question is do I need to spend the time needed to rinse all these cpus im going to mill and put in AR due to contamination of AP or can I just let it dry and process for AR? The cpus that remain with base im just throwing back in the ap with some added acid and wait till they complete... Anyone see any problems? Also When all the base is dissolved from the AP if the foils dont cement back out... How long do I leave a copper sheet in there for?

I can't help with all your questions but I can help with one.

Ceramic is much harder on cutting blades of any type than wood is. I would not use the mulcher to crush the cpu's. Ceramic is very hard and abrasive.

Good luck, can't wait to hear how much gold you get.

I wouldn't think that AP residue would be much harm in the next process. There's going to be more base metals involved anyways.
Definitely DON'T use the shredder. You will ruin it! You can make a crusher with a capped length of pipe and an iron rod. You only have to break them into pieces, not granulate them.
Why would you cement AP? Unless you used too much oxidizer, there shouldn't be anything there to cement out. AP does not dissolve gold under normal circumstances.
Remove any lids before AR.

Thnx maynman I think the solution of AP may actually be ferric chloride, that was my newbie thinking behind it and stannous says pos for gold,

Latest posts

Back