Sreetips filters?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xsvfan1

I have watched most of his videos and I have tried searching forum. Forgive me I am sure this has been answered somewhere and I am missing it. Where does he find the big filters. I have correct sized filters for buchner funnel however some powder gets around the sides.

120mm funnel is what I use currently.

He has like big coffee style filters with flat bottom.

These are the 2 sizes I buy from Amazon that fit my medium and large plastic colander. Be sure to use 3 filters at once or a lot of fine particulate will get thru.

Steve

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230321_232607_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230321_232607_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 0
I have watched most of his videos and I have tried searching forum. Forgive me I am sure this has been answered somewhere and I am missing it. Where does he find the big filters. I have correct sized filters for buchner funnel however some powder gets around the sides.

If you look carefully at his videos are many times when he filter the solutions and fine particles pass through the filters , this is because he don't have enough chemistry knowledge he know just basic things.
THE PAPER FILTER ARR NOT GOOD when you deal with Silver Chloride, Metastanic acid and another fine particles, THE BEST FILTERS ARE Fiberglass Filters for fast filtration without using a vacuum .
My advice is to try FIBERGLASS FILTERS for fast filtration this are considerable more expensive than paper filters but is worth you can filter out from first filtration even fine particles of silver chloride or metastanic acid .
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...tedindex=11&ajaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0&vt=4&sim=11

Are thousands of movies on YouTube about precious metals recovery and I don't know why they don't use fiberglass filters.

I am still on the newer side of things. I have been reading and learning for about 2 years and only using chemicals for less than 1.

Thank you for the information

I am still on the newer side of things. I have been reading and learning for about 2 years and only using chemicals for less than 1.

Another good filter for filtration when you process plated pins or another stuff and you get a lot of metastanic acid mixed with foils is using of paper kitchen towels in to plastic sieve strainer , this towels will capture the foils and let to pass out the metastanic acid if you use a water he spray bottle to clean the foils, with this towels you can clean very well the foils .
If you process the the plated foils with metastanic acid directly in aqua regia you risk the get a failed precipitation after addition of SMB.
Another way for cleaning metastanic acid you can find in hocks book he clean the foils by soaking in 50/50 water and sulfuric acid.

,, Glass fiber filters feature fast flow rates, high loading capacity, wide-range thermal tolerance, and excellent precipitate retention. ,, this information is taken from a site who sell filters.

If you look carefully at his videos are many times when he filter the solutions and fine particles pass through the filters , this is because he don't have enough chemistry knowledge he know just basic things.
THE PAPER FILTER ARR NOT GOOD when you deal with Silver Chloride, Metastanic acid and another fine particles, THE BEST FILTERS ARE Fiberglass Filters for fast filtration without using a vacuum .
My advice is to try FIBERGLASS FILTERS for fast filtration this are considerable more expensive than paper filters but is worth you can filter out from first filtration even fine particles of silver chloride or metastanic acid .
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...tedindex=11&ajaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0&vt=4&sim=11
That is not entirely correct, it is all about pore size, time and what is good enough.
Paper vs fiberglass is as much about prize and intended use.
Some even use fritted glass.

Another good filter for filtration when you process plated pins or another stuff and you get a lot of metastanic acid mixed with foils is using of paper kitchen towels in to plastic sieve strainer , this towels will capture the foils and let to pass out the metastanic acid if you use a water he spray bottle to clean the foils, with this towels you can clean very well the foils .
If you process the the plated foils with metastanic acid directly in aqua regia you risk the get a failed precipitation after addition of SMB.
Another way for cleaning metastanic acid you can find in hocks book he clean the foils by soaking in 50/50 water and sulfuric acid.
The best is not to make metastannic acid in the beginning and you will not have issues with it.
For pins and such any course filter will do, but if your values are in the liquid you can not do this, since it will not separate the metastannic and the liquid.

The best is not to make metastannic acid in the beginning and you will not have issues with it.
For pins and such any course filter will do, but if your values are in the liquid you can not do this, since it will not separate the metastannic and the liquid.
many pins have in composition of base metals tin wich you can't removely from beginning

Don't know why the gold is not precipitate after addition of SMB if you dissolve the foils without cleaning together with metastanic acid in aqua regia ?

I am just looking for advice on better filters for my buchner funnel. I use coffee filters and normal funnel mostly.

The buchner funnel is awesome when filtering out fine particles. However alot will work its way around the filter paper. Which brings me to my question on coffee filter style but collect the fines like a true lab disc filter.

Maybe I just need to individually make them myself? Just no luck finding them online.

I am just looking for advice on better filters for my buchner funnel. I use coffee filters and normal funnel mostly.

The buchner funnel is awesome when filtering out fine particles. However alot will work its way around the filter paper. Which brings me to my question on coffee filter style but collect the fines like a true lab disc filter.

Maybe I just need to individually make them myself? Just no luck finding them online.
It should not do that. Then there are some issues with either your filter or your Buchner.
What paper do you use? Whatman or other?

i have been reading up on refining, researching, slowly collecting material and supplies to eventually begin refining when i am confident enough i can do it safely , and then i read some posts of people who just seem to be still alive by sheer luck alone, recklessly plowing through life .

i'm not trying to be judgemental, its just that some of the questions suggest that those op's should have started asking questions 10 steps before where they are now.

its like the guy who posts pictures of a bucket of toxic sludge and asks what he should do. the first question should be how did you get to this position and create the sludge in the first place :p

I currently have zen pore filters. Slow medium and fast. I have used whataman.

120mm buchner funnel. There is a very small gap.l where the filter ends and the wall of the funnel begins and stuff will work its way between that. It's only a minor amount. But overtime it adds up.

Back