Sreetips/Kadriver sent me!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Tgrneal
Welcome to the GRF!

I'm pretty sure this is the place Sreetips got all his expert advice to become such a popular and accomplished refiner. He is a bit of a hero to some people here too. Do what he did: read Hoke's book on precious metal refining. Then read it again. It's pretty easy to find for free here, just look in FrugalRefiner's tag line, right above this message. There is a link to the book on pdf, as well as a printer friendly version. Otherwise, there is a plethora of refining info here to learn. Simply type what you want to learn about into the search bar, and you're off! You can even search older posts and find out some of the questions that Kadriver has asked over the years.

What type of material are you planning on working with? I'm only into ewaste right now, but karat scrap and sterling silver refining seems very interesting to me too.

Welcome & Good Luck!
mike

Welcome.
Expect to start by reading Hokes book.
Then once you have materials to work with, more research on methods to work with.
Do not be afraid to ask for help, but before doing so research on site the posts relating to your intended work.
Get all need PPE before attempting any thing, and plan out the method your going to use.
Print out a list of the steps you need to use in the correct order and follow it.

I look forward to hearing about your first success.

Welcome,
As others have said it before me, first and foremost read Hoke`s book, from head to toe, then read it again...
Decide whether you start with recovery of metals or recovery and refining.
I recommend recovery first until you master all knowledge about using basic chemicals and mechanical separation. If you dive into refining, it can go real ugly real fast if you don`t master the processes.. If you don`t know...ask, the members are here to help...you are not alone.. :)
This is a "hobby" which is not cheap and definitely not fast money....take your time, learn and make sure anything that you do, you will follow safety protocols.
Research all equipment needed to have proper results, don`t be cheap since it can cost you your health, if something goes wrong... You can find everything about this topic on this forum.
Start slow...any small success is a success and a step for learning more and more.
Don`t be scared about the huge amount of information you will find....take your time and read the threads from start to finish....you will probably get you answer on the way.
Invest in your knowledge and equipment....start when everything is ready and set up...until then, Hoke`s book.... :)
Have fun....

Be safe
Pete

Latest posts

Back