SSN leach

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

i have a lot of tissue paper impregnated with rh sulfate solution----these papers are originated from cleaning plating pen tips-------could i throw these papers in a ssn leach solution?
up to now ,i used to incinerate the papers and the black powder obtained was treated with nahso4 at 500centigrates and then hot water and cemented with zinc----- i am asking the question above because i have already rh sulphate in the papers and doing what i used to do,i was returning to rh powder and then forming rh sulphate solution again
thanks for any ideas and help
Arthur

If the papers only contained salts of Rhodium, I would think boiling in water should dissolve them, (if some metals were reduced then incinerate paper, and fusion in bisulfate salts would also make Rh water soluble which could be filtered from the paper) (the papers could also be treated in sulfuric with similar results).

Arthur, are you trying to form some other metal salt or solution or just recover the metal.
I have not worked with Rhodium, I have collected some notes on this metal that may be of some help, I am unsure of what your goal is at this point.

It might be better to blend the paper up with acidified water and then press out the liquid and reduce that solution with zinc or iron.
Then save the dried paper pulp and incinerate that eventually.

Latest posts

Back