Stannous Chloride came in a crystal form?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drgoodbar

Hi guys,
I stopped by the science shop yesterday and bought 100 grams of lab grade stannous chloride. It came in the form of white crystals so I bought an eye dropper bottle and I was wondering how much I should mix to make stannous chloride?
Thanks in advance,
Drgoodbar

drgoodbar said:
Hi guys,
I stopped by the science shop yesterday and bought 100 grams of lab grade stannous chloride. It came in the form of white crystals so I bought an eye dropper bottle and I was wondering how much I should mix to make stannous chloride?
Thanks in advance,
Drgoodbar

Keep your stannous chloride crystals tightly capped otherwise expect it to clump.

drgoodbar said:
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance,
Drgoodbar
Read Hoke for instructions.

Harold

Harold_V said:
drgoodbar said:
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance,
Drgoodbar

Harold

The only advice or help needed.
Having read and still not fully understanding it all, I can speculate on why it's crystals and how to make a very nice testing solution.

B.S.

Pantherlikher said:
Harold_V said:
drgoodbar said:
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance,
Drgoodbar

Harold

The only advice or help needed.
Having read and still not fully understanding it all, I can speculate on why it's crystals and how to make a very nice testing solution.

B.S.
I learned about stannous chloride from Hoke's book, and always made it from crystals. It's just one of the huge number of things a guy learns if he'd just read that book.

I'm at my wits end with these folks. It's as if we're asking them to jump off a cliff when telling them to read the book, when it is the very answer to virtually all of their questions.
Frankly, I'm pretty much finished with these guys. If they won't read, they're gone. Screw 'em. If it's not important for them to gain knowledge, why should it be important to any of us?

Harold

Latest posts

Back