Stannous test on Eco-Goldex

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldTJ

First , I bouth the eco goldex product before realising here that is it not safe, neither is it eco at all. This been said, It work. and im half done tru my batch of scrap, So i'll finish it before tring something else :)

So either on fresh pregnant EcoGoldex solution. of after lowering the PH. I cant get a positive result (darkening) of Stannous Chloride . On the same batch, after disolving zinc, and Disolving gold in AR the same Stannous test work fine! Is it to be expected? EcoGoldex call for 2 or 3 or more cementation, I hate doing stuff in the blind!

Stannous requires acid (hydrochloric acid). Acid and cyanide do not play well together and has the potential to kill you.

That is about all I know about it but would be very interested in reading your results and experiences with it. (Ecogoldex)

Even with lowering ph to ~1 with HCL ... stannous does nothing :(
Gold must be disolve in a diferent way than in AR

Yes , I've build a fume hood outside to play with these.

Surprisingly , Lowering the PH of EcoGoldex doesnt seems to do much it them of toxic gase ... But I Cant be sure. Logic says it should release Toxic cyanide fumes. But I've been personally more incommoded with the gases from simple manipulation of the Base Mix to dissolve gold

EcoGoldex recipies , and usage seems to have evolve and change alot true the years ,, The only thing remaining constant is the Potassium Ferriccyanide. The target PH to cement gold , recommended PH to ajust before , and Zinc or SMB to use after have all change thru the years . Be Shure to have to latest "guide"

Will post my result in usage ,, if you are interested !

Would really like to learn more about it. The educational side is as important to me as actually doing the processes.

Even with lowering ph to ~1 with HCL ... stannous does nothing :(
Gold must be disolve in a diferent way than in AR

Yes , I've build a fume hood outside to play with these.

Surprisingly , Lowering the PH of EcoGoldex doesnt seems to do much it them of toxic gase ... But I Cant be sure. Logic says it should release Toxic cyanide fumes. But I've been personally more incommoded with the gases from simple manipulation of the Base Mix to dissolve gold

EcoGoldex recipies , and usage seems to have evolve and change alot true the years ,, The only thing remaining constant is the Potassium Ferriccyanide. The target PH to cement gold , recommended PH to ajust before , and Zinc or SMB to use after have all change thru the years . Be Shure to have to latest "guide"

Will post my result in usage ,, if you are interested !
Hi,

If you have your results, please share it, I wanted to try eco goldex as well, not too sure if I still want it, but I am curious to learn with this process as well.

Be safe.

Pete

Never add acid based solution to a cyanide solution. Before you smell the almond smell of hydrogen cyanide, it's already too late. Cyanide is not a joke. I'm surprised people are not dropping like flies because of this stuff. If it's not enough to kill you all at once, long term exposure to very small amounts will kill you slowly over time.

Never add acid based solution to a cyanide solution. Before you smell the almond smell of hydrogen cyanide, it's already too late. Cyanide is not a joke. I'm surprised people are not dropping like flies because of this stuff. If it's not enough to kill you all at once, long term exposure to very small amounts will kill you slowly over time.
You got that right. Hydrogen Cyanide gas, in non-fatal exposure, can cause damage to kidneys, lungs, liver, spleen, pancreas, and the brain.

Have fun with that.

Time for more coffee.

Back