Still searching

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyb

Hi All,
I've been searching the threads for recent information on depopulated boards. What can I do with these boards? I'd like to sell them but if there's more PM's then I might keep them. Any help will be appreciated. If "keep" is recommended then what is the proposed process?

Thanks

I would say unless there is a reasonable amount of visible gold plating, then just sell the boards to someone who has the ability to process them for their other values. Boardsport maybe!!!

Thanks but I already tried boardsort.com, they wont buy them. Is there anyone else who has a reccommendation for the depopulated boards?

If you got everything with any precious metals off of the boards just throw them in with low grade boards at the scrap yard. At least you get something for them, and you don't have to deal with the large quantities of waste if you had processed them yourself.

Jim

you can process them using NoIdea's method and then part the copper in a cell.you may wind up with a nice amount of silver.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to hold on to these for a while. Wow, I think this hobby is turning me into a hoarder. lol

Geo said:
you can process them using NoIdea's method and then part the copper in a cell.you may wind up with a nice amount of silver.

Geo - can you point me to the thread on NoIdea's method you are talking about here

Kurt

kurt said:
Geo said:

Geo - can you point me to the thread on NoIdea's method you are talking about here

Kurt

this is NoIdeas incineration method for whole boards.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11135&hilit=smasher

and Rusty has been working with melting the metals from that process and making anode bars to part in copper nitrate cell.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=12654&hilit=ugly+anode

Thanks Geo

I have accually followed Rusty's copper cell thread but NoIdea's thread some how slipped past me.

Kurt

Latest posts

Back