Testing supply

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmdlcar

What testing supply do I need to buy after I remove the gold foil from the fingers? I just don't want to lose any gold when I get started again. I know I won't get back what I lost but everything helps. So if someone can help me and tell me where to get them. I did a search could not find anything.

What do you want to test for? If it is the presence of gold you should make or buy stannous chloride.

I make my own fresh as stannous chloride crystals can go bad with exposure to air over time. I use pure tin (but you can use 95/5 lead free solder) and hydrochloric acid.

lazersteve on this forum sells pure tin, just find a post by him and follow the links in his signature line.

Thanks Oz I will order it and other thing from him the first of the year. I already have his DVD on refining gold fingers.

I had some rosin core solder 97.3% tin 0.7% copper 2.0% rosin flux core will this work for a start? How much should I use if it will in grams?

Well... How about a fish & tackle store; tin weights, like the ones for fishing. I understand that a lot sell them instead of lead.

Phil

Latest posts

Back