The Best of Ebay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kurtak said:
Sorry for the delay reply - just very busy

So do I understand correctly - You have decided & therefore implemented legal action ?

Both criminal & civil ?

Kurt
I have passed the pertinent information on to the correct department's so this matter can be looked at by impartial representatives of the organization's involved.
It is not up to me if any action is taken any more, my only responsibility was to observe,record an accurate log of event's and pass that on if I felt the matter deserved further investigation.
You have a moral and civil duty to report individual's who you suspect of criminal activity such as premeditated fraud.
I also act as a whitens in any case that go's to court.
People make out the system is some huge evil thing.it was put in place to take our conflict's to when personal mediation has failed.
It is not perfect and it still need's a lot of development so can be a bit unfair due to out dated customs and legislation.but it is the only system we have out side of vigilantism.

So you did "implement" legal action

justinhcase said:
I picked this up for £75.
Thought it was to good to be true but to day it came.
and it look's nice.

I will let you know how it turns out.
For once I am feeling a little bit guilty and may actually have to contact the seller and pay him a bit more than he got at auction.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scrap-Gold-Sponge-/231713807175?

Never had that happen before ,I will have to stop slagging off eBay.

Note the underlined in your above OP

Then you posted in your first reply to me

There is no way any one could have mistaken the item as Au of any kind and defiantly no way any one would send off almost sixty gram's by second class post for £60.

Which is it Justin --- it couldn't possibly fool anyone - not even a clueless person like the e-bay seller - or - it was able to fool an experienced refiner such as your self :?:

Based on your OP Justin - had this material had any gold in it - all this long speech you are making about toxic public safety would have been NO issue at all --- in fact "after receiving it" it "looked" so good to you - you though you "might" have to send the guy "some" more money --- & that would have been the case whether it had also contained some toxic substance or not

In other words Justin - as long as it had contained "some" gold as "you" thought it did - you had absolutely NO concern for toxic public safety --- it was "only" after it didn't turn out to be what "you" thought it was that it became an issue - even though the guy agreed to refund your money

Justin - I am sorry - but from were I sit - it very clearly looks like this has nothing to do with anything - other then money --- when it turned out to not be what you thought it was ( a job with a "very" good profit in the end) you then & only then decided you were going to make this guy "pay" with any means available --- simple resolution (getting your money refunded) was no longer an option --- he HAD to pay what you figured should have been your profit - even if that meant implementing legal criminal action causing him to pay fines in place of what you thought you should have made in profit

And Justin please don't tell me I am wrong in what I say - because if you had found gold in with the toxins - you would have contacted the guy & had him send you the rest of what he has - of that I have little or no doubt

Kurt

kurtak said:
So you did "implement" legal action

justinhcase said:
I picked this up for £75.
Thought it was to good to be true but to day it came.
and it look's nice.

I will let you know how it turns out.
For once I am feeling a little bit guilty and may actually have to contact the seller and pay him a bit more than he got at auction.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scrap-Gold-Sponge-/231713807175?

Never had that happen before ,I will have to stop slagging off eBay.

Note the underlined in your above OP

Then you posted in your first reply to me

There is no way any one could have mistaken the item as Au of any kind and defiantly no way any one would send off almost sixty gram's by second class post for £60.

Which is it Justin --- it couldn't possibly fool anyone - not even a clueless person like the e-bay seller - or - it was able to fool an experienced refiner such as your self :?:

Based on your OP Justin - had this material had any gold in it - all this long speech you are making about toxic public safety would have been NO issue at all --- in fact "after receiving it" it "looked" so good to you - you though you "might" have to send the guy "some" more money --- & that would have been the case whether it had also contained some toxic substance or not

In other words Justin - as long as it had contained "some" gold as "you" thought it did - you had absolutely NO concern for toxic public safety --- it was "only" after it didn't turn out to be what "you" thought it was that it became an issue - even though the guy agreed to refund your money

Justin - I am sorry - but from were I sit - it very clearly looks like this has nothing to do with anything - other then money --- when it turned out to not be what you thought it was ( a job with a "very" good profit in the end) you then & only then decided you were going to make this guy "pay" with any means available --- simple resolution (getting your money refunded) was no longer an option --- he HAD to pay what you figured should have been your profit - even if that meant implementing legal criminal action causing him to pay fines in place of what you thought you should have made in profit

And Justin please don't tell me I am wrong in what I say - because if you had found gold in with the toxins - you would have contacted the guy & had him send you the rest of what he has - of that I have little or no doubt

Kurt

kurtak

I always like it when the light is shined on the Truth of things.

modtheworld44

I think the light has been shined on others motivation's and interest.
It is not up to you to stand back and criticize any one as to how they defend them self's against a mugger.
You have only been privy to the smallest amount of corespondent's ,not involved in the actual interaction in any way.So how you can come to such strong conclusion's based on such a small number of light heated post's to condemn so completely is beyond me,.
I flagged it as a probable con kept my guard up and brought it to you for a little entertainment value ,as I have covered in post's before I enjoy taking the mick out of people I think are crook's it's been a hobby of mine for years.
May be my sense of humor is a bit to subtle for some.
What a great business for me to have found so meany crook's and no where for them to hide.
my client's love how I handle such situation's.the point of conflict resolution is to resolve the conflict in favor of your client.That is how the world work's.
I then was good enough to explain my action's that are in line with guide line's that scope far out reach the need's of this tinny little incident.
I would have only expect such a negative reaction from thous lightly to make the same mistake.
If his dog had pooped out side my house it would have been a £1000 fine,least I could do was make him think twice about his action's.
I actually thought it was going to be a "run away con" where nothing arrives or they say it was lost in the post so I was surprised when any thing came at all.
No loss just more data.
The fact it looked good was actually an indication of premeditation,We all know we can tell nothing form what some thing look's like.If it was a tungsten filled bar it would still have looked good .he was hoping it would simply be put away and not looked at to closely.This would never pass even the most rudimentary test.But most people on eBay wold have just bunged it in a draw to save for investment so he would get away with it half the time.I bet he has a number of similar eBay account's doing the same thing.
I had not thought about it's toxic implication's until it happened there where two courses open I took the most cautious one
And Yes I squeezes crook's and con men for all I ever can ,after twenty years of handling such people in my opinion it is the best way.
And after the hundred's of post's people put up,pointing out such joker's and complaining when people take the mick.I thought It was about time for some one to actually take the time,get of there butt and do something more constructive about it then simply whine.
I would have been the most surprised of any one if there had actually been any Au in that lot.If there had I would have payed at least 80% spot to secure a new client.
Not a new client ,not my problem if his attempted fraud back fire's a little.
Thank you for your input I will bare it in mind.

Actually I feel a bit sorry now, that I had mentioned this hazardous stuff thing. Not, that it wouldn't be correct, but it goes too far now. You can do what you want, but this is not the right place to discuss it.

If it were me, I would probably be satisfied, to get all my money back and I would keep an eye on him in the future. A second time he would enjoy the whole program.

When I first have asked for people's advice, I would follow their consensus - why in the world should I ask, if I didn't?! There will be no applause. You will not change people's feelings about this. Folllow their advice or do quitely what you need to do. But let us stop this show for now. Just my two nuggets.

solar_plasma said:
Actually I feel a bit sorry now, that I had mentioned this hazardous stuff thing. Not, that it wouldn't be correct, but it goes too far now. You can do what you want, but this is not the right place to discuss it.

If it were me, I would probably be satisfied, to get all my money back and I would keep an eye on him in the future. A second time he would enjoy the whole program.

When I first have asked for people's advice, I would follow their consensus - why in the world should I ask, if I didn't?! There will be no applause. You will not change people's feelings about this. Folllow their advice or do quitely what you need to do. But let us stop this show for now. Just my two nuggets.
Far enough ,quite right.
Unfortunately I forgot you never seem to get an answer to the question you ask,just lot's of criticism once you made the best you could of the situation by your self and there is no longer any way an opinion could have an affect on the situation in any case.
I thought you made a good point and I am surprised you back tracked because of a little bit of heckling form the penny seat's.
Got to be a bit tougher skinned than that to stay safe in any trade.

I've split these posts off from the original thread because they no longer pertain to the purpose of that thread.

I could make many comments, as a member, and as a moderator. I hope I won't need to, and that everyone will move on with their lives. We can all spend our time better discussing recovering and refining precious metals.

OK, that took WAY too much of my time to split these off and put them back together. Any further discussion may just cause me to go all Harold on you. :evil:

Dave

I thought you made a good point and I am surprised you back tracked because of a little bit of heckling form the penny seat's.

I like it straight and I like it honorable. There are a lot old warhorses in here, whom impulsive me can learn from - and I do.

Back