The best way to do this

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ovidiuanghel

Hello everyone,

I recived last days some conectors, when i have search some info i got this: http://www.ectinfo.com/en/product/default.cfm?sku=61.

Did someone process this pins?

Attachments

• pogo pins.JPG
    pogo pins.JPG
    302.8 KB
  • pins 2.JPG
    pins 2.JPG
    258.2 KB
Yes I just processed 100 ounces of pins that was around % 90 this type of pin. I'm still new to recovery and refining but you can check out my post "100 ounces of pins" it's under the chemical processes category. They are great pins, high quality.

thank you tek4g63, i've seen that you process only the case, my pins have inside a spring some have rhodium plated over hard nickel.

did you process also this tipes with springs?

is a very hard work to get them out

ovidiuanghel said:
thank you tek4g63, i've seen that you process only the case, my pins have inside a spring some have rhodium plated over hard nickel.

did you process also this tipes with springs?

is a very hard work to get them out

Why do you think there is rhodium on these pins?

Yes, all of mine had springs in them. I had to snap each one open and pull the spring out. It can be labor intensive, but I do this as a hobby so the extra time doing that step wasn't bad for me. It is a must getting the spring out because the pins are also plated on the inside, and the steel springs will give you allot of trouble when leaching the base metals depending on what process you use.

Latest posts

Back