The Coming Metals Shortages and Availability

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the past weeks so-called terror attacks in India you can guess that the global power elite are going to use India to do their bidding against Pakistan. The beefing up of India's military is going to take a lot of metal.

If you hoard metals, at some point you will be called an enemy of the state.

It's best to keep these things quite...

I'm no expert but I don't see metal prices coming back up for a long time. Not until the global economy turns around. The scrapyards around here are hurting. Nobody is bringing anything in with the current prices. It just isn't worth it, especially with steel.

I just do not have the room to store computer cases waiting for better prices. I have to sell the steel but I do continue to hold the other metals. They have a better return for the space they require to store.

Ray

Rag and Bone said:
I'm no expert but I don't see metal prices coming back up for a long time. Not until the global economy turns around. The scrapyards around here are hurting. Nobody is bringing anything in with the current prices. It just isn't worth it, especially with steel.

Yea...we are not talking short term here...10 years possibly upwards of 20...but if you are a young guy you can think of it as much better than a 401K or market account because it's a sure pay off.

It might come down to copper at $8-$10 per pound, and silver and gold skyrocketing, but its not a "doomsday" episode.

kev

Don't wait underwater... :p

Today US Steel is shutting down several facilities. They must figure it's going to take a while to get prices back up. I'm not excited about selling the couple tons of steel that I have but I'm running out of space.

Back