The Rocks We Find

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't expect such beauty and variety! Can't say i see any visible gold, i don't have my eye formed for gold yet but i definetly see some nice pieces of quartz.
The stones are amazing, i got a lot of small stones i collected with time but i didn't think about metals when collecting them but simply have different kinds of rocks in my collection.
What do you think? I’m trying to determine if this is mica, or some sort of pyrite.

Attachments

• 497AF897-2C04-4860-B080-188D0FA920E9.jpeg
    497AF897-2C04-4860-B080-188D0FA920E9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
I'd say pyrite but should have a more dull color, maybe it's the flash. It shines quite spectacularly on the picture tbh, i never seen mica looking like that.
I'm by no means an expert and i don't even have much knowledge, but i do like dem stones.

I'd say pyrite but should have a more dull color, maybe it's the flash. It shines quite spectacularly on the picture tbh, i never seen mica looking like that.
I'm by no means an expert and i don't even have much knowledge, but i do like dem stones.
Yeah, hard to get good pictures to show what it looks like as it does in person. I’ve researched the geology in the area and I’m going with gold colored mica schist.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the distinction between a power sluice and a high banker? Seem like the same thing, but different names and little different design. One better than other?

What do you think? I’m trying to determine if this is mica, or some sort of pyrite.
Looks like Sericite or Muscovite. Both lighter colors of the Mica family. If the stuff breaks when hit with a hammer, it ain't Gold. If there is Au in that rock, it will be in the quartz with the Iron stain.

Looks like Sericite or Muscovite. Both lighter colors of the Mica family. If the stuff breaks when hit with a hammer, it ain't Gold. If there is Au in that rock, it will be in the quartz with the Iron stain.
Thank you. Not interested in the gold in this rock, just curious about the glitter.

Back