Thief within family

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben, let me further clarify.... No, the sole reason for all this bad stuff is not lack of church.
I saw how that came across, and that was not how it was in my thoughts.
I know many people who were raised right, but not in church, and they are really good respectful people, as i am sure you are !!

jimdoc said:
Guys this never ends well. Just a warning if you like this forum, just get back to refining.

It sure doesn't. I'll be interested to see how this one pans out... hopefully in a more reasoned manner than previously. 8) 8)

anachronism said:
jimdoc said:
Guys this never ends well. Just a warning if you like this forum, just get back to refining.

It sure doesn't. I'll be interested to see how this one pans out... hopefully in a more reasoned manner than previously. 8) 8)
You want to see how this pans out eh??
Here's the end.....
I apologize to all that may have been offended by my statements, with special apologies to Ben.
There, that's how this saga ends !!

hey, kjavanb123, my condolences, it must suck to be cheated by your family. Still it looks like you got your money back, so that`s good. And try to find a positive angle here - you now know where their hearts lie, so you can forget about them and focus on your real friends and family that really deserve it :)

one thing I would like to add to "AWMYGOD THE END IS NIGH" type posts - came on guys, I was under impression that GRF crowd would be highly logic centered... you must realize that at this moment in history, logically, on planet earth we (in general, as a humanity) are at our best place so far, and though we have a long way to go to "perfect utopia" we are much better off than 300 or even 30 years ago... I mean, yes there are problems, yes there are bad people, bad decisions and random bad stuff happening all the time... it happens and we should feel sorry for and try to help people stricken with disasters etc. But in no way it can be said that world (society) is moving backwards, you must understand that the subjective feeling you get is nothing more than result of how modern media interacts with flaws of human perception. I will say more - this phenomenon is at the core of every propoganda ever, and if you enthusiasticly give in to that sweet old familiar feeling of fear and nostalgia instead of looking at the world (and information) through the lens of reason... well you are a perfect candidate for someone to manipulate with...

and as it seems this is a rare opportunity to speak about religion here - I, for one, would suggest that ban against discussing religion (and other sensitive stuff) is lifted... after all, it is not the religious (or non-religious) people in the discussion that are the problem, it is almost always the a****les, guys who just can`t open their minds and keep calm, and it is true - religion is one of more sensitive subjects (as with racism, nationalism even culture) that can act as a catalyst for a potential asshole, but as we have seen in this thread so far - it seems that users are able to discuss this subject without escalating, so I for one see no problem if someone wishes to discuss religion in correct sub-forum, i think GRF community would only benefit from it :)

It has been stated many times before, this is a refining forum.
For any topic banned, find another forum. Any banned topics are banned for a good reason.
Like I said it never ends well, and avoiding that is better for this Refining Forum.

It is not anti religion, or anti politics, it is avoiding conflicts that have nothing to do with this forum's purpose. I have been here since the start of the forum, so I have seen many of those conflicts, and many people banned.

jimdoc said:
find another forum

Would it not benefit this forum if there were more discussions in "Bar & Grill" section? Wouldn`t people visit more often to check on topics they are interested in? Or are you saying that what little traffic could be gained is not worth the moderating manpower to weed out potential a-holes? Of course this forum is so successful that you guys must be doing some(most) things right... but still I kind of got the feeling that "religion ban" was mostly on Harold_V`s behalf (as hypocritical as that might be), in which case, I agree, he, as a moderator, definitely was worth it...

Don`t get me wrong, I am not burning with desire to start threads or annoy anyone with my feelings about those subjects. I just think it would be great fun to see this international group of very well educated and smart people share their opinions freely, on all matters (you see I have no interest in what some troll might share anonymously on 4chan, and all the "dedicated" forums are biased in one way or the other, but opinion of highly respected physicist, chemist or refiner, shared with full seriousness when revealing ones identity, now that is purest information you can get on internet) . if I am mistaken and it is not just some left-over tradition, but all revered members like you feel the same, I will shut up about it :)

We consolidated and revised the forum rules a couple of years ago with the input of all the moderators.

We come here to talk about refining. Anything that disrupts that mission is a drain on our time and energy. If you want to talk about religion, politics, or other subjects mentioned in the rules, please do it elsewhere.

Dave

Hey Niks,
I agree with you, but there are so few of us who are willing to participate
I think we would end up talking to ourselves.

As Ive said before.... There aint NO shame in This man Game"!!!

Back