Time For More Coffee

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galenrog

I have noticed a few odd comments concerning the last sentence in many of my posts. Well, it has been a few years since explaining the origin of the phrase, and why I use it.

Nearly fifty years ago, at my first duty station after Basic and an additional year of training, my first supervisor, who had a lot more stripes than I had, when he tired of dealing with 19 and 20 year old skulls full of mush, would get up from his desk, say the words “Time For More Coffee”, walk across the room, pour a cup, walk back, sit down, and not say another word to his troops for an hour or so. Most of the time the coffee would sit in the cup, untouched.

It was the end of the conversation. At least for a while. That is how I use the phrase. Most of the time.

After leaving that part of North Carolina, I never encountered anyone else using the phrase until a few years ago, in the same part of North Carolina, oddly enough.

Time for more coffee.

Back