trash or gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munkat

hi my name is Katrin and I'm located in Seattle wa.
I have been assigned the responsibility of clearing out an old house whom belong to my friends dead who is now past away.
we going to call him pirate you know the dead man. most he's life he worked as a computer scientist for Boing and played for Microsoft and IBM at different times of he's life.
Pirate left behind a two story house with about 5 to six hundred computers ranging from low end to top of the line from the 1950s to 2015 Wich is the year he stop ordering computers on line.2010 he stop driving to the store to buy them any way all sorts of shapes and colors and desktops to portable to names and shapes I never seen before my friend pirates son wants to take it all to the dump and I want to sort out the unique pieces that could possibly belong in a museum and get the gold out the rest. I been watching tons of videos on YouTube and forums and scientific research papers I mean you name it I at the very least brows thru it.
and I'm Moore confused now then when I started about three months ago. house has to be clear in the next six months. any suggestions?

I have been assigned the responsibility of clearing out an old house whom belong to my friends dead who is now past away.
we going to call him pirate you know the dead man. most he's life he worked as a computer scientist for Boing and played for Microsoft and IBM at different times of he's life.
Pirate left behind a two story house with about 5 to six hundred computers ranging from low end to top of the line from the 1950s to 2015 Wich is the year he stop ordering computers on line.2010 he stop driving to the store to buy them any way all sorts of shapes and colors and desktops to portable to names and shapes I never seen before my friend pirates son wants to take it all to the dump and I want to sort out the unique pieces that could possibly belong in a museum and get the gold out the rest. I been watching tons of videos on YouTube and forums and scientific research papers I mean you name it I at the very least brows thru it.
and I'm Moore confused now then when I started about three months ago. house has to be clear in the next six months. any suggestions?
Welcome to us!
Everything is easier if it is sorted into batches and as you describe this, sorting is a must.
Start with the "big" boxes/towers and then start sorting the remaining items as to their assumed function or similar.
When all has been sorted you will be left with a "pile" that should make more sense.
Sorting again with respect to assumed age will pick out what can be of collectors value.

Then photograph all and post it here and we can give some advice.

In the end you will be left with things that can be sold off for refining value or collector value and so on.

Before scrapping any old computer look up the model on eBay. Timex Sinclair personal computers are $100 to about $1000.
Apple classic McIntosh $10000 if nice.
If overwhelmed find an eBay service person to photograph, describe, and list. Collectors usually never used their items so these might be in good, collectible, condition. Your idea of checking with a museum is good and they may give you tax receipts.

Back