Trisodium citrate leach

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patnor1011

Can you guys have a look at this patent? I am little bit puzzled and cant figure out what they mean exactly here:

By the gold mine dressing agent of solid, the sodium carbonate of solid and the Trisodium Citrate of solid, according to the ratio of 5:3:2, with pulverizer, be ground into powdery, make degold powder.

It is a little confusing to me as they show ratio 5:3:2 but mention only 2 reagents does that mean that 5 parts are made mixing 3:2?

Full text here:
https://patents.google.com/patent/CN103668204A/en

I could certainly be wrong, but since they repeatedly mention "the gold mine dressing agent of solid, the sodium carbonate of solid and the Trisodium Citrate of solid", I'm guessing that the "gold mine dressing agent" is an un-named chemical that is their "secret". It would explain their 5:3:2 ratio. 5 parts of their secret gold mine dressing agent, 3 parts sodium carbonate, and 2 parts trisodium citrate. At least, that's my quick interpretation.

Dave

sodium carbonate to buffer
trisodium citrate to complex
sodium 3-nitrobenzenesulfonate to oxidize (ludigol). Not a strong oxidizer.

Kind of a buffer? (pH6-10). Very mild oxidizer, while gold dissolution needs a redox potential of 1.45v at least in the absence of cyanide ions

Latest posts

Back