uk project started I think

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyd

Ok right i have been collecting computers for about a year now and have broke them all down into relevant parts etc.
I am still collecting approximately 40 a week so have decided to start my first exsperiment.
now before anybody asks No i have not read hokes book yet but will order a copy soon.
Speed is not important at this time as i think that will come as i learn, safrty is more important to me.
Having read nearly all the posts on this sight espeically laser steve and harold v.
So i put 4 fingers in some hydrocholride acid in a coffe jar left it outside in our nice cold climate left it for 3 days had a look and hve now got a greeny black solution and when you shake it there are gold bits floating about.

Question 1 is this my gold floating around in the solution.

2 would heat speed the process up

3 cant seem to find nitric acid in the uk at the moment

4 what would be the next process if it is gold.

Any input welcome but please remember i am not looking for speed at this moment. and yes i will buy hokes book, but thought i would have a try with a very small amount first.
Dont want to kill myself or the locals.
would like to try building a reverse lectro thingy if possible

Tony d good old blighty

Yes that is your gold.

Heat makes it faster.

Hydrochloric and laundry bleach works in place of hydrochloric and nitric.

See lazersteve's website for videos on finishing.

Hokes book is available to download.

tonyd, a couple of links for you if you still want to find some nitric acid over here in the UK

I found this one on the forum somewhere, unfortunately I cannot recall who posted it, but they know who they are and are thanked for it,

http://www.hswalsh.com/itemdetail.aspx?i=T97008&a=N

This one was posted recently by Viacin

http://www.growell.co.uk/p/1221/Nitric-Acid-pH-Down.html

The second one is 38% nitric acid, quite expensive compared to the other one, but they will ship it to you where as the first one will not.

I'm sure others on the forum from the UK have their own suppliers and a list of local suppliers would be helpful for all of us.

Hope you can make use of one of these suppliers, or someone else from the UK chips in with their suppliers details.

Thanks marty and to qst42know I just new i would get the right reply.

I will look at laser steves site for finnishing later on

Thanks for the link marty will be having a look soon.

Just a thought and i know you will probaly think i'm stupid but do i really need nitric acid ?.

tonyd said:
now before anybody asks No i have not read hokes book yet but will order a copy soon.

Tony, Follow the link in my tag line to get a free copy of hoke. :arrow:
:wink:

Thanks to every ones replies just knew you lot would come up with the answers.

Just testing small amounts at the moment as i want to get it right without problems.

Once again thanks

Tony D good old recession blighty

Back