Unknow Reaction

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arisas

I cause these reactions about one to two weeks ago and didn't took notes, i wonder if anybody with the skills and EXP know what are those reactions and how to precipitate any rich metals. Oh by the way the three blue pics are three different bottles

Attachments

• SAM_3748.JPG
    SAM_3748.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 262
  • SAM_3751.JPG
    SAM_3751.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 262
  • SAM_3750.JPG
    SAM_3750.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 262
  • SAM_3764.JPG
    SAM_3764.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 262
  • SAM_3747.JPG
    SAM_3747.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 246
First, get your solutions out of PET soda bottles!

Second, test your solutions to see if there are any precious metals in solution.

Then come back and tell us the results.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
First, get your solutions out of PET soda bottles!

Second, test your solutions to see if there are any precious metals in solution.

Then come back and tell us the results.

Dave

will do

my stannous chloride is from solder 95/5 Tin/Antimony (2 grams for 30 ml HCL)

i did the stanous chloride test on the three bottles and the two of them had white results (i think that indicates as nothing) and the third had this colors even after 10 minutes of the reaction between the stanous chloride and the solution.

Attachments

• SAM_3787.JPG
    SAM_3787.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 166
How can anybody help you? You didn't list what was in the solutions either metal wise or what the solutions contained. We don't know if you used acids or a solution containing lye. They could contain almost anything. Looking at the solutions is a little help, but otherwise, I'm sure it will take someone much smarter than I am to help you.

Latest posts

Back