Upping the ante. New kit

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nickvc said:
macfixer01 said:
snoman701 said:
I thought this was going to be a picture of a puppy. It's just cardboard boxes from a really expensive piece of awesome lab equipment.

You've got some splainin to do!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His cat will be very happy anyway, with all those soon to be empty boxes to explore!

It’s two cats and they get everywhere including the lab given a chance :shock: :D

Aww...Jon has cats? We need pictures.

anachronism said:
Well it's not a puppy Goran. OK for all those who can't use their imagination I've taken the lady's clothes off. 8)

and wow, is she stunning!

minus the reflection of the guy taking voyeur shots of her 'n all :D

i bet she smells like money, doesn't she?
:G :G :G

Platdigger said:
Very cool!
On the other end of the spectrum...I have an old Vreeland

Nice- - I have an old Varian too but it got too expensive to repair and the parts were becoming so scarce it would take weeks to fix if anything went wrong.

Of course you did, Jon.

For what you’re doing, I think you made a very wise decision.
Silver and gold it does great. I prefer AAS over ICP for single element measures especially with CN systems.

I couldn't help making this post, talking about upping the ante and whatnot. I think we got a few more boxes than Jon, too. 8)

Unfortunately this instrument will likely never be used for refining operations. Our lab [here at my day job] is focused on analytical food chemistry. It'll be a few more weeks probably before we get this uncrated and installed. Any guesses as to what it is? Hint: it's in the same vein as Jon's equipment above.

Attachments

• 20180327_130721_LI (2).jpg
    20180327_130721_LI (2).jpg
    7 MB · Views: 119
Hehe that's great :)

For food work have you got the autosampler addon and possibly the furnace?

anachronism said:
Hehe that's great :)

For food work have you got the autosampler addon and possibly the furnace?
Autosampler, yes. Not sure what you mean with the furnace though - sample prep or sample introduction? For sample prep we use microwave digestion. For sample introduction... it's a liiiiiiitttle bit hotter than a furnace :D

I went to Walmart this weekend and all i got was a microwave! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Me and really expensive equipment don't get along to well.
Especially when it's smarter than i am! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apples and pears. ICP is perfect for what you're doing and AAS is perfect for what I'm doing because of the different strengths and weaknesses of the two types of operation.

I bet you'll have a lot of fun getting to grips with it, I know I have.

Back