Using water for cleaning up?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXWolfie

Just a curious question? When you are washing down your filters/beakers/buckets/etc/etc/etc is there a time when too much water is used, does it dilute the finished product before adding the SMB so much thats its unusable. Please if this questions sounds confusing let me know and i will try and ask it better.

i can imagine that as long as its just water you can evaporate water and condense your solution.no harm no foul.

So long as you're recovering gold, I'm not convinced there is such a thing as too diluted. It becomes clumsy to handle, but gold can be recovered from VERY dilute solutions with no issues of which I am aware. Same thing goes for silver, where it is cemented or precipitated as silver chloride.

As you become more comfortable with working with chemicals and the refining process, you'll learn to use only the amount of water that is necessary.

Platinum and palladium, on the other hand, will not respond to chemical precipitation when too dilute. They also rarely precipitate entirely, even from saturated solutions. When working with either of them, keep your solution very concentrated.

Harold

Thanx guys, it just came as a curious question as I always see people spraying down the items used and wondered if there was a fubar point, and now I know.

Rich

Latest posts

Back