Visit to the new EDI shop in Orillia

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joem

Took a day trip north of Tornto to vist EDI processing plant. It was very impressive and I met great people from the forum (Glondor, Wrecker, EDI). Great conversation and loads of new information to fill my head with. I really enjoyed myself. EDI thanks for being a great host. Glondor, I think your son picked more information from my brain than I did from EDI's, Oh yeah, wrecker you put a little jinx on me. I was 1 foot away from hitting a deer crossing the highway. I perked up at that point scanning for more deer projectiles from the bushes.
Here is a picture of the only three ontario scrap mafia members.
Oh and thanks for the silver dollar. My 5 year old son took it and did a hand magic trick and gave me back a handfull of air. Really.

Attachments

• the three.JPG
    the three.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 327
Is the scrap mafia willing to take on another member? I'm game for taking a trip to EDI.
Let me know whenever one or more of you are headed up there again.

skippy said:
Is the scrap mafia looking for more members? Three's a good number, maybe you don't want to mess that up?
Your name came up in coversation as an ontario member. Are you in Carleton Place?
EDI is setting up a gold refinery so I will go back when it's ready to see smelting in acttion.
edit; added more info

joem said:
I met great people from the forum (Glondor, Wrecker, EDI).
Can we safely assume that the names are in keeping with the guys in the picture? Glondor on the left, and so on?

Harold

It was a good day for sure. lots of good discussion, and meeting Joe, who took a looong drive to come out for the visit. Just to set the record straight, That is Joe on the left, I am on the right and Jim takes up the middle.
The new operation in Orrillia Is going to be a going concern for sure. Things are looking good at EDI.

Hey Joe. That is NOT a silver dollar. That is a 1 ounce round from the Royal Canadian Mint. It is the sister coin to the famous 1 ounce silver maple, The wolf series, 9999 silver. Made right there in your town. You don't want it to really disappear!(My son and I gave Joe the silver round as a token of our appreciation for doing all our card and flyer design). http://www.google.ca/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=673&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=canadian+mint+silver+wolf&oq=canadian+mint+silver+wolf&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=9894l17039l0l18922l12l11l0l3l0l0l204l1239l0.7.1l8
My 15 year old was for sure picking Joe's brain about web site design. Thanks for your patience, by the way Joe. Robert does not forget what he learns, and puts it to good use.

Jim had some more good stories,brought some interesting things to show us. Pete, well was the good host, gave us the grand tour and bought lunch!. All in all a good time.

Thanks Glondar
I'm not into coins so much I just assumed it was a dollar. So thanks even more. My plan is to print out the photo of the three of us and include the coin into the framed picture just as a keep sake of good times and great people.
The drive was well worth it. Thanks to all of you again.
oh and btw : wrecker I love your dog, she is such a sweet patient thing, I wanted to take her home.

Hey guys thanks for a good day

Attached is a picture of our new building. (from the driver seat of my car :p)
I will have a promotional video of our plant / business in the coming months.

We will be re-arranging the shop floor setup soon as well to have more efficent material flow.

all the best
Peter

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 217
joem said:
skippy said:
Is the scrap mafia looking for more members? Three's a good number, maybe you don't want to mess that up?
Your name came up in coversation as an ontario member. Are you in Carleton Place?
EDI is setting up a gold refinery so I will go back when it's ready to see smelting in acttion.
edit; added more info

I meant to reply to this thread earlier, dunno what happened!
I'm in London, and maybe the most southerly Canuck poster? I'd love to see some smelting at EDI! (Uh oh there's that word, smelting!)
I've been meaning to post some pics of some of the tools and equipment I've used to help me in my work on cats.
I'll have to include myself in one of the pics, and then if someone wants to photoshop me in, well I know I'd get a chuckle.

I would love to go Jim, I haven't had time to get all the boards roughly grouped that I would like to sell while I am there though. Also I've got some gold to sell that I need to recover from a dissolved state.
Keep me advised of your future visits though.

Back