• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: 50-40pin IDE adaptor

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agpodt77339

I have gotten some hard drives that have 50 pins instead of 40 like most others. I check all my drives to see if they work, and sell them as working parts if they do. The ones that don't work, I take apart. I would like to find an adapter so I could convert it to the standard 40 pin IDE. If anyone knows where I could find one please tell me. If anyone has one, please pm me so I can purchase it.

Those 50 pin drives are called SCSI (scuzzy) drives, there is not an adapter to the 40 pin. They are two different drive technologies. You'll need a SCSI adapter to check the drives.

Steve

When I looked for SCSI adaptors on ebay, they were different then on the hard drives I have. The SCSI adaptors I see on ebay have pins closer together than 40 pin IDE's and are trapezoid shaped, not rectangular. The 50 pin hard drives I have look exactly like 40 pin ones, but are just a little longer and have more pins. Are mine a different kind, or are they still SCSI?

There are many arrangements of SCSI connectors.

You are talking about the 68 pin variety on ebay.

Wiki may have more for you about SCSI.

Steve

I tried looking on ebay for SCSI to USB adaptors and none of them were the right kind. I also checked google products and just google and had no luck. I would like to get my SCSI hard drives to end up going to USB so I can clear them. I already have a USB adaptor for 40-pin IDE and Laptop adaptor with 43? pins, so if I could change the SCSI to either these, it should work. Does anyone have any suggestions how I could get this to work? Or does anyone happen to have an adaptor that they don't use, or a link to somewhere I can buy one?

I have some ISA Future Domain SCSI adapters and some Adaptec 2940 PCI SCSI adapters. They are of course internal units. I also have some 68 pin to 50 pin SCSI adapters if my memory servers me correctly.

Nothing external, sorry.

Steve

Back