We have Gold bars / Gold nuggets available for sale.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are quite right.
The OP knows that 99% of readers will recognize the scam immediately, ridicule and move on.
However, they are counting on the less than one percent who may nibble.
Complete removal of these posts immediately is the only way to protect the unsuspecting and naiive few.
There's an interesting aside to this too. I was once having a beer with some friends and making the point that the scam emails we receive are often badly worded or have glaring mistakes in them and therefore they would fail. Then I had to look at it completely different when it was pointed out that the mistakes are there to weed out the intelligent people meaning that only the less "sharp" ones would reply to the scam.

Put simply the mistakes are a filter mechanism which means that their potential marks are more likely to be easy victims.

Clever stuff!

You are quite right.
The OP knows that 99% of readers will recognize the scam immediately, ridicule and move on.
However, they are counting on the less than one percent who may nibble.
Complete removal of these posts immediately is the only way to protect the unsuspecting and naiive few.
Respectfully disagree.

By providing context, such as a warning/gallery, the naiive 1% will get a chance to see these things for what they are, so when they encounter them in the wild, they will know that it's probably a scam. If they don't have the gallery/warnings they will be none the wiser, thinking it's legit (why wouldn't it be, right?).

Respectfully disagree.

By providing context, such as a warning/gallery, the naiive 1% will get a chance to see these things for what they are, so when they encounter them in the wild, they will know that it's probably a scam. If they don't have the gallery/warnings they will be none the wiser, thinking it's legit (why wouldn't it be, right?).
You would be right in any reasoned logical situation, completely so. That given the people who scammers target are the ones who will read warnings and completely ignore them.

You would be right in any reasoned logical situation, completely so. That given the people who scammers target are the ones who will read warnings and completely ignore them.
Which makes me wonder, why spend the energy of reading the warning if you are going to ignore them anyway :oops:

Which makes me wonder, why spend the energy of reading the warning if you are going to ignore them anyway :oops:
We all know at least one person who you can explain the reasons for not doing something, and prove to them categorically that it's a bad thing to do and yet they will go away and do it anyway....

Those kinds of people Ygg.

We all know at least one person who you can explain the reasons for not doing something, and prove to them categorically that it's a bad thing to do and yet they will go away and do it anyway....

Those kinds of people Ygg.
I know, but the reasoning still eludes me.
It is counter logical.
But I guess it is how they are.

Well, hopefully one of them will turn out to be a big-time miner and send us each a half-ton of gold just to spite us and prove us all wrong.
Hell, they would get 90% spot and above legitimately from most of us if they just sent it in through normal channels.Ha Ha
That would be about the only thing they could do that I would find surprising.

There's an interesting aside to this too. I was once having a beer with some friends and making the point that the scam emails we receive are often badly worded or have glaring mistakes in them and therefore they would fail. Then I had to look at it completely different when it was pointed out that the mistakes are there to weed out the intelligent people meaning that only the less "sharp" ones would reply to the scam.

Put simply the mistakes are a filter mechanism which means that their potential marks are more likely to be easy victims.

Clever stuff!
When you think of it this way, it makes much sense... interesting.. 🤔

Some of these scammers may be desperate for cash, and just really bad because it's their first attempt. They are likely to get better. Such people can often become violent while they are stealing your' cash, some just to eliminate the witness (this has happened in Nigeria scam s, some people have been dumb enough to try to get face to face with the criminal, never a good idea. It's also important to remember many people on this list are not native English speakers, that makes them easier to scam them (as they are not as good at reading English), especially if they are desperate which more and more people around the globe are.

I know there is a lot of gold in Africa. But what everyone here knows is there are even more scams in Africa in the gold market.

Now don't get all excited thinking you found a warm body looking to buy, what I am interested in doing is giving you, the big shooter, an opportunity to prove your claims and verify how a fair exchange of gold for money will take place.

Including photo's of your mining operation or your equipment will show us you really have the ability to collect placer gold for sale. The fair exchange of currency will take a little more thought.

So if you are serious. Show us.
Hi this actually rings true for me. My husband and I were recently able to buy semi refined gold from a family friend with a mine. But we don’t really know what to do with it. Or how to go about selling it here. Any suggestions on next steps? Do we go to a pawn shop?

Hi this actually rings true for me. My husband and I were recently able to buy semi refined gold from a family friend with a mine. But we don’t really know what to do with it. Or how to go about selling it here. Any suggestions on next steps? Do we go to a pawn shop?
Also what makes it illegally mined or exported? Honest question!

Latest posts

Back